1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Muscle Cars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Cool looking car. 92 year old lady sagging bicep muscle.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

IMHO this is summed up when my buddy was the manager at a very successful Ford dealership in the 90’s when the owner bought a Ferrari and imported it here fully disassembled then reassembled it stateside at a cost of around $200k. Looked gorgeous, but after my buddy took a ride he said “rides like a Yugo, a Civic nowadays handles so much better.” There’s no substitute for technology. I’m Mr. Nostalgia but you can’t go backwards. I went from a fully restored “66 Mustang conv to a 2001 in less than a year in 2004 and it was amazing.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Friend of mine has a spotless Springtime Yellow 66 Convertible.

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. TigerVols

Ferrari’s are among the 2-3 most technologically advanced cars on the planet now.

Look up the documentary about their manufacturing in the modern era. They truly are earthbound aerospace machines.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed that he's better than the previews make him out to be. I've liked Damon in other roles.

Seconding Ragu's rec for "Go Like Hell." If you have Prime, it's available through their Prime Reading program.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Brother in law has more money than common sense.
    He had a 15 SRT Challenger with a 6-speed.
    Lives way the hell out in the country. Nothing but concrete and crickets for 30 miles or more.
    He said he was going to take it out and open it up. (I told him, do whatever you want, but keep my sis and my nieces the hell out of it.) He got it over 120 and said there was still a bunch left in it. You hit a pebble wrong at 120, and they are cleaning you up with a sponge.
    He had it for a year or so. About a year or so ago, he found a very low mileage Scat-392 and bought it.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was referring to the 60 something Ferrari that was imported and reassembled; not a current version.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That's it! (Except mine was white with black interior.; best story one time I had mine parked in SF and this 80 something lady walks up to me and taps me on the arm and as I'm wondering "what did I do?" she says "young man, my husband used to drive me around in his car that looked just like yours")

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. TigerVols

Oh, I understand – I was simply drawing a comparison between those crap-era cars and their contemporaries. I wasn't clear about that.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Every chick I've ever known who drove a Mustang was crazy and you should not date her. That's about all I know about muscle cars.

Oh, and the trailer for Ford vs. Ferrari makes the movie look promising.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Certainly worth mentioning a personal favorite here, the '68 Plymouth Road Runner.

Historically important for its bang-to-buck ratio. Heavy duty everything and 330+ horsepower off the showroom floor. And it was affordable.

50b6ca096e236fb44b9339243b5d25cd.jpg

1968 Plymouth Road Runner

OscarMadison and FileNotFound like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted