1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Indoor Football Association

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

At least you don't have a team that is in the Intense Football League. Ridiculous.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why the hell are there so damn many indoor football leagues?

It's not like people are getting turned away from Arena Football League games.

I would go to this AIFA game just to see if it's the AFL on a far smaller scale. The AFL assaults the ear drums with ear-piercingly loud music played over million dollar sound systems. Does the AIFA play its music on a boom box? On the sideline? and is the boom box operated by an assistant coach?

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The ad for Saturday's game here says there's going to be a three-hour pregame show.

I mean, what the ----?

The Super Bowl doesn't have a three-hour pregame show ... I mean, on TV, sure, but not on the field.

Crazy.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wonder if the three-hour pregame show will include open tryouts thinly disguised as touch football in the parking lot.

"Hey kid good hands. Want to make 50 bucks today?"

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

The only indoor football I've ever seen was an Arena Football exhibition in San Diego a few years ago.

I remember reading that Arena Football had a patent on certain aspects, mainly the end-zone nets and narrow uprights, so the other leagues play a more traditional brand of football, just that it's indoor and on a smaller field. Can anyone who's seen a game in the other leagues confirm this and/or tell us how their brands are different from AFL and af2?

6. Go State

Go State Member

Isn't this the league which had one of its teams up for sale on eBay a year or two back?

7. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

Yes, this is that same league under a slightly different name

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Can't speak to the measurements, but I believe AFL has the rights to calling it arena football. Therefore, the AIFA is indoor football, not arena football, technically speaking of course. Only the AFL and af2 can be called arena football, I do believe.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

People actually cover this shit?

10. HejiraHenry

Actually, if you weren't busy having a good time on Saturday nights, I'd nominate you to handle it.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Check your PMs.

12. HejiraHenry

Well, I solved that one. On to the next.

Draft saved Draft deleted