1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol -- Final 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by estreetfan75, May 8, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

We've been thru this on other Idol threads. I explained about my sister-in-law... and how she refuses to vote for black people on Idol... this year she calls Melinda "too professional"-- that's her problem with Melinda. When I posted this story on a previous thread, somebody piped in with, "Sounds like I'd love your sister-in-law."

Explain Jennifer Hudson.

Look I'm not trying to start a flamewar. But to deny racism is out there ... you're in denial, put it that way.

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

Very weak night. Gibb's songs were written with Gibb's falsetto in mind, so it's hard for anyone to do a decent cover. That said ... Blake and LaKisha were awful, and the only two good songs were the first one from Jordin and the second one from Melinda. I see LaKisha leaving, although I wouldn't be surprised if Blake hits the road. It's time for him to take his computer and mash up a current song.

3. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Melinda's great and all, yes, but she's still kind of boring. And as sucky as it might be, she's consistently good, which kind of makes her forgettable. I say the final ends up being Jordin and Blake.

Blake was awful last night, but I still think "You Give Love a Bad Name" was one of the greatest performances in Idol history, and I really like him most of the time.

As for LaKisha...how disappointing. When she sang that "Dreamgirls" song on the first Hollywood episode, she was phenomenal. Ever since, it's been a downhill slide.

4. I called it.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The girl can sing, but she lacks charisma....if she can work on that, she could be something. Sad to see her go.....

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

SHE'S GOING HOME

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I started cheering. I think Doc is frightened.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

As did Tony Kornheiser.

9. boots

boots New Member

Fu?k this show! LaKisha was my favorite. I think she is very marketable. I wouldn't be surprised to hear her cutting a CD very soon.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Damnit. The city of Flint is cursed I tell ya'. That city just took another blow. It would've been packed for the first time in probably 20 years if Lakisha would've made it.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Lakisha should have been allowed to sing the Dreamgirls song on the way out. Best non-Melinda performance of the year.

Other observation -- Barry Gibb is like the 40 year old former flamethrower. He certainly can't blow anyone away, but he hit he black with a nasty curve tonight.

12. boots

boots New Member

I'm telling you I can see someone like Quincy Jones doing wonders with LaKisha's talents. You will hear from her again.

Draft saved Draft deleted