1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol 4/24

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Apr 24, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Damn you, Jordin, singing the Liverpool anthem!!! And just 24 (ok, 48) hours before my boys in Chelsea blue take on the Reds! No more votes for you!!!

2. We saw that same shot in Oklahoma.

3. I have been for Jordin and Blake all along, but I'm about to give up on Blake. I still like him, but he's not versatile enough. He peaked with that Zombies song and it's been all downhill since.
    I'm really starting to think Jordin will win this thing. Melinda has the better voice, but Jordin is prettier and more likeable (both very important when it comes to music careers).
    Plus, Melinda has yet to pick a damn song I know and it's driving me nuts. And she has no neck and looks like Shrek.

4. Thankfully, I'm not the only one who thought Jordin screeched a bit. Glad you all listen, too. The love fest for her had me cringing.

Melinda was excellent. Blake, seriously, I had some goose bumps, but that song does it to me. At first, he or somebody was altering the chords a bit and I thought, oh crap, here we go, he's going to dissect a classic, but it was good.

LaKisha. Again with the yelling. I don't get it. She had some hop and some subtlety before. She's trying too hard. And stop singing songs from past winners. Geez.

I pick LaKisha to go. Phil sticks around for another week thanks to some red-state love.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think that's a good call.

I am going to give myself the Olbermann-styled, rotator-cuff-spraining pat on the back:

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't hate Chris as much as most of you, though his voice is VERY thin and has no versatility. I don't think he's anywhere near the top level, but I don't think he's complete ass either.

My rankings from last night:

1. Jordin
    2. Melinda
    3. Phil
    4. Blake
    5. Chris
    6. LaKisha

7. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

According to dialidol.com, the voting went this way:

1 Jordin Sparks 25.23
    -
    2-6 (B3) Phil Stacey 21.58
    -
    2-6 (B3) Lakisha Jones 20.65
    -
    2-6 (B3) Blake Lewis 20.54
    -
    2-6 (B3) Melinda Doolittle 20.11
    -
    2-6 (B3) Chris Richardson 18.1

All but Jordin are within the margin of error of getting voted off.

That's right: Melinda has the second-lowest score.

Me, I'm ready to see Lakisha and Chris go.

I'd like a Jordin-Blake final. Melinda has a great voice, but she never does any songs I like. I can't see any way I'd ever buy her music. Blake and Jordin? I can see buying their stuff. And Phil strikes me as being self-serving and phony.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My rankings from last night:

1. Melinda
    2. Jordin
    3. Blake
    4. Phil
    5. Chris
    6. LaKisha

Jordin's good, but I could see Melinda doing very well if she won this. Every week, she sings every note right on key. She simply doesn't miss.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Last night, I thought Phil gave a great performance...his best of the competition. Jordin was great too.
    Even though people did not like Blake's performance, it was sincere and I really did like it. I think the weakest performances were Lakisha and Chris and they will be in the bottom.
    Melinda is always great.

My rankings:
    1) Melinda
    2) Jordin
    3) Blake
    4) Phil
    5)Chris
    6) Lakisha

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Melinda interprets songs. She's not only techncally brilliant, but she gets the songs. But she's 29, not that attractive and not that personable. I think that she should be the winner, but I'd understand it if she wasn't.

Last night:

1) Melinda
    2a) Jordin
    2b) Phil
    4) Lakisha
    5) Blake
    6) Chris

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm not sure she gets the songs. It's become an act for me. It's almost like she's been fake through this whole thing with her surprise and her personal assistants. She had personal assistants before the show from what I gather. I wish I were important enough to have personal assistants to dress me. Oh wait, I'm grown up. I learned to dress myself a long time ago.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Age and looks didn't hurt Taylor Hicks, did it?

And spup, yeah, her two best friends are personal assistants, telling her how to dress along the way. But you know what? Should she win AI, if she didn't already have those assistants, she would be hiring them. In that respect, she's ahead of the curve.

And if Melinda's an act, then tell me what Jordin is. She's surprised each week, too, but no one blasts her for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted