1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

american idol -- 4/17

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Apr 17, 2007.

1. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

1. Jordin
    2. Melinda
    3. Blake
    4. Phil
    5. LaKisha
    6. Chris
    142. Sanjaya. (With Ryan, in his typical pathetic fashion, trying to divert attention to himself as usual after Simon tells the truth about this hack).

That said, Chris or Phil goes home.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

1. Melinda
    2. LaKisha -- I thought that she did a great job with the song
    3. Jordin
    4. Phil
    5. Blake
    6. Chris
    7. Sanjaya -- Simon brought the truth tonight.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Pretty much my list, though I didn't know until tonight that Phil was a fellow Kansan. That changes everything, so I'm taking back all the negative things I've said about him to date. He's got a clean slate.

As for Sanjaya ... wow. Just when you think he's bottomed out, he does worse. He better be bottom three, at the absolute very least.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

The thing that's pissing me off about Sanjaya is that now he's being arrogant. I can't stand that.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Chris now, too. Talking back to Simon probably didn't do much to help his cause.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When Sajayjay finally goes, I dont think the rest of the group will shed tears...
    Watched him at the office tonight without sound,. prancing around with the smirk. When Ms. Slappy told me what he sang, I just sighed...

7. Just watching now ... why the hell did Seacrest interrupt the decapitation of Sanjaya?

Wouldn't it make for better TV if he had let Simon loose?

It's in AI's best interest now to make it as uncomfortable for Sanjaya as possible, not keep coddling the little fuck.

It was funny to hear Simon tell Ryan to shut up, though.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Especially when the dipshit says: "Singing nasal is a style of singing too."

He might as well have said: "Singing in a boring off-key monotone with absolutely no character or range is a style of singing too."

9. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

Wow. To paraphrase Homer Simpson, Sanjaya suck-diddly-ucked.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Interesting week.

1. Jordin -- she was fantastic.
    2. Melinda -- didn't like the song but she sang it very well.
    3. Phil -- That was really good. I was pleasantly surprised.
    4. Blake -- I thought it was one of his weaker performances, but still pretty decent.
    5. Lakisha -- Not a great song choice, so-so performance... but light years above my last two.
    6. Chris -- Again, he has no range, his little voice-cracking tic is annoying as hell, and he sings through his nose. The "nasal is a style" thing was astoundingly stupid, and he looked like an opportunistic puke bringing up the Va Tech shooting.
    7. Sanjaya -- that may have been his worst performance, which is saying something. He may be primed to go, because now he looks like he's just trying to float through without making any effort at all, and that could screw up whatever legit support he has.

For what it's worth -- and it hasn't been very accurate this season -- DialIdol.com finally has Sanjaya in dead last.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Sangina was comically bad tonight. Was it just me or did he look like a nappy-headed ho?

Last thing, and maybe this is picking nits, but am I the only one who doesn't think "Something to Talk About" is a country song? I've always associated Bonnie Raitt with blues, not country. Not that it mattered.

Based off tonight:

1. Jordin
    2. Melinda
    3. Phil
    4. Blake
    5. LaKisha
    6. Chris

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Is anyone going to start an American Idol pool? To pick the final three?

Draft saved Draft deleted