1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by secretariat, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I enjoy being wrong and wanted it documented. :D

2. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

I figured as much. :D

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

How much do I hate Scotty's first single?

This Big.

4. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I'm pretty sure Lauren kissed Scotty before the cameras quickly cut away.

Faith and Tim ...
    Miranda and Blake ...
    Lauren and Scotty?!?

As a resident redneck on this board, my stance hasn't changed on these two. I think both have successful careers ahead of them. Country fans will welcome both with open arms. Ultimately, Lauren is set up for a more successful career because there just aren't that many women out there in the genre who are actively touring with bigger voices than she has. Scotty's got more competition, and he's going to have to prove he's more than a Josh Turner knock off.

Good night of music as well. It surprises me to say this, but I think I enjoyed Mr. J-Lo the most.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I was like...WAIT. THEY FUCKING GOT BRIAN MAY TWO YEARS AGO. Why is JACK BLACK singing a Queen song? *proceeds to throw something through her TV* I got all excited when I heard the beginning and then that couch gets shoved back and I'm like...well, he doesn't have enough hair to be Brian.....NOOOOOOO.

That's exactly what I said to my mom! I was like...well, it's um...TLC minus L.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

didn't listen to any of the singers this year, but figured I'd check out the two finalists on YouTube. Meh. Decent delivery but nothing original.
    Agree with the the thought that they have a shot at successful careers, country audiences are among few that still buy CDs. Neither will be the next Bryan White or LeeAnn Rimes.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A call back to Bryan White? Good Lord man, I bet Wade Hayes just threw something against the wall and doesn't know why!

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Priest wasn't terrible, but Metal Gods should never do such a thing.

No wonder KK Dowling quit the band recently.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

That's the only time in this season I wished I was Scotty, or Scotty's age.
    Lauren, for some teen out there, is a doll.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

She got older looking every single week. Opened up looking 14, finished it looking 47.

Very pretty in a real way from the start, though at the end she was almost unrecognizable from the audition. Very Clarkson-esque.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

my post from the 'oprah (thankfully) says farewell' thread:

'BEYONCE'. BEYONCE'. BEYONCE'. :eek: :eek: :eek:

what a woman. 8) 8) 8)

i'd watch a 'BEYONCE' CHANNEL' 24/7/365.

that is all.'

brings to mind my fave line from 'north dallas 40:' 'i'd eat a mile of her (poop) to get within an inch of her (butt).'

repeat: what a woman.

Draft saved Draft deleted