1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Family Association

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Sep 5, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I've not seen a topic on this, so I'm curious as to your thoughts.
    As usual, the American Family Association wants CBS to censor the 9/11 documentary on Sunday, as, God forbid...FIREFIGHTERS MIGHT HAVE SWORN!
    I don't even want to get on a rant on how the FCC has basically made every station gunshy thanks to being set up by Janet Jackson (how come she never got any fine, btw?)
    Anyway, this group is expecting everyone to fill out a fomr letter and ship it to CBS. I hope they get 100 for every 1 telling them to get the sticks outta their rears and realize this is a documentary about very bad things that happened that day. And even if the FCC gets 500 letters from this group, if it's a fomr letter, count it as 1. It's too easy to just fill your name to a form letter. If you are truly for the cause, write your own original thoughts. It's not that hard.
    You don't want to face reality and experience in some small way the dangers and horrors they saw that day? Don't watch. Period. Don't make me to be some sick, God-hating scum because of it.

I've already sent my "you're wrong" email to American Family Association, I suggest those of you who believe in 1st Amendment and free speech and lack of mind control do the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted