1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'American cities are booming - for rich young college grads without kids'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 30, 2016.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Poster by the name of Idaho seems to ring a bell.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I remember posting something about gay couples in Provincetown who used "breeders" as a slur toward hetero couples.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Breeder's been a pejorative by gays to straights since the early '80s at least. That's when I first heard it.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I can't remember ever giving a shit if anyone gave me a "a look" because I brought my kids to a restaurant.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I just return the look with a heavy "What, your dick doesn't work?" vibe.

old_tony and Big Circus like this.
  6. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I can't believe how many pretentious assholes some of you guys seem to encounter on a regular basis.

Hokie_pokie, BDC99 and poindexter like this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that it was Sportschick, or someone like that.

I could be wrong.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Fuck trophies? LOL.

Still, if anyone ever looked at me funny because I brought my kid into a restaurant, I'd politely tell them to go breed themself.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You should live where I live. You'd become a hardcore believer within a week.

Not only have people looked at me funny for bringing my kid to a restaurant, I've had people come up to me and tell me to shut the kid up, or ask the waiter to tell us to leave. And my kid wasn't even misbehaving! He wasn't even talking yet! Some bitch lectured me on bringing toys or coloring books to keep him occupied - which we had but didn't need.

The worst part is I mostly just sit there and take it. Setting a good example and such, you know.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

As a parent of two kids who somehow made it to adulthood, I sometimes roll my eyes at what I consider sort of a parenting competition among younger people. I've concluded there's too much parenting information out there and too many people trying to win the best-parent trophy. It's a bit much sometimes.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Giving unsolicited parenting advice is one thing most people aren't the least bit shy about.

And parenting is one of the few things that are so personal that everyone else should STFU and mind their own business.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sometimes, sports columnists, en masse, even like to tell retiring left-handed bats how to raise their sons.

Draft saved Draft deleted