1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

America, circa 1953. Courtesy of the Romney family

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 8, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You may be right but I'd be willing to bet serious cash there isn't and I'd be willing to bet my house there aint' any in Zeke's photo.

The photo also shows a whole bunch of well-off white people who looked as if they just came from the country club.

Oh, and before you jump all over me, it's not a criticism--I grew up surrounded by that culture and I know if fairly well. Just that it doesn't represent anything more than a minority. But it's the Leave it To Beaver mentality that all the "family values" crowd crow on about.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just curious, what, exactly, is the substantive debate going on in this thread of which we're all supposed to be respectful?

Last time I checked in people were posting funny family pictures.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Now, if the point behind TigerVols first post is that Romney might not be able to relate to the 'average' American family because he doesn't resemble the 'average' American family, he's probably right.

I guess, then, Rudy G. is the man for the office as the 'average' American with a broken home, lovers on the side and such. As far as I know, John Edwards' family is all white, too. Same with Hillary, though she can relate to adulterous spouses. As far as I can tell, no candidate is the 'average' American family.

I'm not planning on voting for Romney. But his 'whiteness' or the size of his family or the color of clothing they wear in family photos certainly isn't a reason to disqualify him, Hillary, Edwards or Obama.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tiger posted a pic, made a semi-facetious comment and gets accused of hating white people and families.

That's about it

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So no one has used the term "fuck trophies" yet?

We're slipping, people.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Gawd, the Romneys have a bunch of fuck trophies.

Happy now? :D

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Why would you feel the need to decide and announce whether my post was a "tremendous contribution to the thread"? Like I said, I don't go around pointing out all the disjointed, immature, irrelevant drivel you post on this site. As far as I can remember, I've never once acknowledged your existence on this site in any manner.

So I ask, who the fuck do you think you are?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Horny be Praised, I am!

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I think maybe someone might be a little embarrassed about having twice supported the worst president in the history of the United States, and doesn't like to be reminded of it.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Another portrait of an American family.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. This got ugly in a hurry.
    Don't make me call these guys.
    http://www.vikingkittens.com

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

BBJ is pleased ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted