1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

If the show even remotely sticks with the comic, we'll get the latter in a big way.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is one thing I have wondered about. The comic is known for generating a feeling that nobody is safe, except maybe Rick. I wonder if the writers of the television show will have the guts to go that route.

3. NDub

NDub Guest

Much less gore and running from zombies. I'm fine with that. I think the story loses some sensationalism when it keeps showing the ZOMFG zombie!!! stuff. We needed some character development, some understanding of what's going on at the camp. We definitely got that.

EW.com recaps every episode and also has a weekly interview with Robert Kirkman. Both are worth the read.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/15/walking-dead-robert-kirkman-frogs/

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-walking-dead-season-1-episode-3/

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Having not read the comics, it makes the show a lot more intense when you have to deal with possible/likely threats from the non-infected bad-apple humans, too.

5. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I thought this was a Mark Richt thread.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Or Mike Stoops.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I haven't read much of this thread for the fear of spoilers but I will say this show is pretty damn good. And I love zombie movies.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

I think you need episodes like this. Developing characters is what pulls our emotions when they're in certain situations. If we're given three people we hardly know running from zombies, why should we root for (against?) them? If I know Shane is a manipulative two-faced prick, then maybe I want him to die. But I also know he's got a soft, child-like side because he's connected to Carl. So do I root for him to live while the zombies bear down on the camp?

That's the type of emotions we get from these episodes. Me likey.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Was it just me? It seemed like the reunion was a little premature. They built it up as if it was this huge quest. Then, bam, he's back with his family. I'm not even sure where they go from here. Do they have any purpose beyond staying alive? I assume they'll be traveling to some rally point.

I look forward to some flashback sequences on the other campers. It would be nice to know right away how they came to this point.

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I kind of felt that way at first about the reunion, but prefer the quick reunion instead of the one that takes all season or two.
    Plus, isn't the first season only six episodes long or something.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yup, only three episodes left. :(

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Is anybody watching? I'm surprised to hear how many people don't have AMC.

Draft saved Draft deleted