1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Lincoln leaving the show should definitely make this the last season. Should be regardless.

3. outofplace

One of the other reports I read about it includes a plan for a Season 10 with Norman Reedus as the lead actor.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ve read plans for three more seasons. But enough. Loved the show. Last couple of seasons have been meh. Gear up, make a great final season and end it.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It would be like the Mary Tyler Moore show with Murray the lead character.

6. outofplace

Agreed. Losing the main character should be enough to get them to end it, but I guess the show still brings in too much money.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I saw another report that said Lauren Cohan was working a short schedule for the next season. That could fit into how things go in the comics, but losing her and Rick would be too much. Plus, last season sucked. Time to end it.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My wife and I were not fans of the drawn-all All Out War in the comics, or this last season...but I think the comic got better after they wrapped that up, and I can see that happening with the show as well.
    I could see a season or two more with Darryl in the Rick position as a leader; plus maybe a huge B plot arc with Negan either escaping or assimilating into the camp post Rick's death or departure.
    But for the love of God! Please don't replace Lincoln with a new actor! Let Rick die and move on.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If Reedus is going to be the focus for the love of God make him take a freakin' bath!

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. outofplace

I can't imagine they would replace Lincoln with another actor playing Rick. Better to just kill him off and promote it as a shocking death, evidence that anybody on the show really can die.

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Reedus could get $20 million to be the lead. $20-freaking-million.

Norman Reedus Eyes $20 Million Payday for 'The Walking Dead'

Also, FWIW, Fear the Walking Dead has been good this season. I was close to bouncing it as it was kind of a meh show and really got away from the original premise, but like what they've done for the most part this year.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think the characters on FTWD are much richer, much more in full than the characters on TWD. Killing off an original, major character in FTWD was a great decision.

Draft saved Draft deleted