1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

This is the only character-focused episode I want to see. I'd love to know more of his backstory, and there would be no way to tell that completely without devoting an episode just to him.

But since he is such a central character at this point, it would be easy to move the story forward while telling that backstory. Just flashbacks to his life before the collapse spliced in with him doing some devious shit in the present day that has an impact on the overall story.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Negan killed and Eugene become the new, ruthless leader of the Saviors.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Negan and his people displayed Dr Evil like levels of ineptitude when they had their guns trained on the entire town......problem is this show isn't supposed to be a spoof

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Why when the shooting started didn't one of Rick's crew immediately shoot the tall Trash woman who was pointing a gun at Rick? Seems like that would have been the first thing Carl would have done.

Joe Williams likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, but Jimmy is right. The minute shit started happening, the Saviors and their new allies should have gunned down most, if not all, of Rick's crew.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

We haven't really seen the trash people in a battle yet, so we don't really have a sense as to how good they are under fire. We know Rick's crew is always ready, so I'm willing to suspend disbelief and buy that the split second surprise of Zombie Sasha threw off the trash people enough to allow Rick's crew to gain the upper hand.

The show is certainly flawed (clunky is a really good descriptor), but I enjoy it enough to overlook stuff like that.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

After the finale, I felt like the garbage people showed their true colors. They don't really want to fight unless the odds are overwhelmingly in their favor, mostly by double crossing for their own benefit. That's why they were so quick to pop smoke grenades and get the hell out of there. They weren't sticking around in a fair fight.

I'd be surprised to see them rejoin with Negan for the actual war. I'd be willing to bet they go hide back in the dump and hope they can avoid any collateral damage.

PaperClip529 and bigpern23 like this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If I'm Rick and the gang that's left after tangling with Negan, I'd think I'd do a little recycling.

TyWebb likes this.
  9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Damn you, Ace. Nearly made me spit out my Diet Dr Pepper.

TyWebb and Ace like this.
  10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Make sure to stay til the end. There is a 'post credit' scene.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That first bit would be more impressive if anybody gave a damn about Father Gabriel.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Lots of goodies in that trailer, including the teaser at the end.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted