1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The whole thing reminds me of Jack Lemmon.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This week's episode could easily have been combined with last week's. I liked this episode a lot but we could easily have seen Sasha get captured in the cold open instead of dedicating a whole episode of set up for it.

I kind of hoped we would have seen the first volley of the last battle and next week we see it all go down.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, who dies in the next episode? I'm guessing Aaron's boyfriend (I can't remember the guy's name.) He wanted them to run off rather than stay and fight, so they can use his death for a little angst. Also, the character has shown up a few times lately after being largely ignored, which is usually a sign that bad things are coming.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Aaron's boyfriend has to be a good bet. I'm going to throw in Carl's wannabe girlfriend as a solid bet. Hilltop's mayor will probably bite it. From there in decreasing likelihood Sasha, Eugene, Tara, Maggie, Rosita, Michone and King Ezekiel.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If they wanted to throw a wrinkle in instead of telegraphing the punch, Aaron would die instead of his boyfriend.

I hope Eugene gets that poison pill shoved up his butt like a suppository.

And so are Rick and friends right outside the Saviors stronghold with no time to coordinate or supply weapons to the other groups supposedly joining them or is this time travel or something?

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

To bring real life into it, Sasha is 100 percent gonna die. The actress is cast in the new Star Trek series.

8. Spartan Squad

She probably will be on the chopping block here soon (if she doesn't get bumped off in the finale) but I don't think it's for sure she'll die in the finale. Just to play Devil's Advocate (because you might very well be right), I believe the new Star Trek series has already been filmed or they are finishing up. The best I can tell, Star Trek is due out in May, so she has to be already done with filming or should soon be done. She might be good for one more run of filming TWD before bowing out in favor of Star Trek.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That and they won't start filming the next season of TWD until May sometime. IIRC, they're always filming in the summer.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Assuming the first volley of the war will start and that will be the cliffhanger next week.

It's been a bit slow, but overall I think the second half of this season has been better than the first half. The Gregory-Maggie scene and the Sasha-Negan-Rapey Dave scene were both very well done.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's an "extended" finale, so of course we're getting a cliffhanger ending.

12. Spartan Squad

We're basically going to get all the shit we should have gotten this week if they had consolidated the last three weeks. They're going to drag out Negan for another season but really this could have been over this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted