1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Rosita's bullet being stopped by Lucille was utter bullshit, but otherwise I liked the way the Alexandria part of the story played out. I also like that they are staying true to Negan's character. His response to Spencer was perfect.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I agree. I wish she just straight up missed. It would have carried the same message that the wanting to make a single bullet was an idiotic move and is now having consequences.

And the response to Spencer was great. I had just gotten my mind moving in a different direction, so the end game took me by surprise in a good way.

There were so many little nuggets in this episode that I think I can forgive the failings it had at times. And I can't wait to see who is the person wearing those wire-bound boots.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Solid mid-season finale after a pretty uneven eight episodes. The opener, the Darryl episode and this one were excellent. The other five? Meh.

The Spencer scene was great. Didn't see it coming.

Didn't mind the Lucille/bullet scene. She's apparently made of stronger stuff than Wonder Boy.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The bullet scene was stupid. Rosita is standing not even two feet away from Negan, and she hits the damn bat? It would have been better had she missed wildly, or inadvertently taken out one of the Saviors.

But yeah, the stuff with Spencer was excellent.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Good episode, I thought. Best one since the season premiere.

I found Negan much more tolerable in this episode, and when Negan told Rick he should thank him, I actually kinda agreed. He returned Coral unharmed, even though the kid probably should have been Glenned. He killed Spencer during his coup. These are unquestionably things that helped Rick out that he didn't have to do. I like that he is a little unpredictable when it comes to stuff like that.

But my god, that moment at the end where everyone took turns looking at each other and giving each other knowing nods with the over-the-top music was so fucking stupid. Felt like it lasted 10 minutes.

britwrit likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Negan should have kept the beard. Looks like a badass with it, like he needs a cigarette without.

7. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Perhaps my favorite moment of this half-season was Rick's look at his son after Negan told him what Carl had done. Anger, bewilderment and disappointment all in one glare.

8. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I've always felt the show lends itself to binge watching than watching week-to-week. Everyone complained Season 2 was bad but I watched it over the course of three days and I enjoyed it.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Looking forward to once again hearing how this show sucks from all the people who can't believe they are still watching it.

(Side note: that Tara episode really did suck.)

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I don't think it sucks but this half-season laid bare its weaknesses. Everybody knows that there's going to be a fight-back, so while we're waiting for the inevitable turn, this would've been a good chance to illuminate these characters. And what we discovered - despite pretty good acting all around - is that they're all paper thin.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You're on.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Thought there would be more action tonight coming out of a break. Liked that we got a group episode and not just a side character. I'm intrigued by the drama they set up with the King turning down Rick, Hilltop's people looking like they are going to defy the leader, the Amazons showing up and the collection of explosives Rick and Co got.

Draft saved Draft deleted