1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They'll be on the seven-day concussion DL, but they'll bounce back.

There was a petition circulating on Facebook asking AMC to fire Scott Gimple because of Sunday's cliffhanger. Pretty funny stuff.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did he really mourn what's her name from Alexandria? (I already forgot.) I know part of why it seemed to go by quick was the time jump, but he really didn't seem that hung up about losing her.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  3. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I'm trying to reconcile how much time passed between Denise getting crossbowed and the start of Maggie's medical problem. Was it hours or days? If it's the latter, why not immediately take her to Hilltop when your only medically trained villager is dead? Or why not always be training someone up when you're the last of any necessary skill left in the group? Or maybe the only medically trained member doesn't go on a run, even for medicine, which will be a lot less useful when she dies?

On the bright side, we're learning what not to do when the real zombie apocalypse comes.

4. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Considering that nobody was screaming as it was happening, it can't (shouldn't) be Maggie or Glenn. Or Carl or Rick. I don't know if Richonne or Sashbraham are close enough to freak out at a partner being killed yet, but that could leave them out, too. Of course, the writers could ignore all that.
    I kinda think it's Carl though. Just from the "you're takin' it like a champ" comment. Also, the producers said on Talking Dead there were clues as to who it was. If that's true, playing up the finding of Negan's gun on Carl could be a clue. The "takin' it like a champ" comment, too.
    Can't be Mullet-Boy because he was extreme left, and the victim had somebody to his left. Again, the writers could ignore that, too.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Look up the video that has subtitles with it. I've seen it a few times and it supposedly reveals who it is. Not sure if the folks running the show have commented on it or not, but you can hear Maggie, Glenn and a few others yelling.

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Can't be Carl. Right before he starts beating whoever it is, Negan tells his guys that if anyone makes a move, cut out Carl's eye and feed it to his dad. Rules out those two.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'm wondering about the authenticity of that. I watched it back and didn't hear that kind of screaming. It's supposed to be slowed down, but at regular speed, I didn't catch anything like what they're saying is supposed to be there.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but I think Cudlitz is wasted on TWD. His twitter feed is pretty damn funny.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Heard an argument that it couldn't have been any of the women because when Neagan takes the first swing, he comments that the person took it like a champ. Given that it couldn't have been Rick or Carl (for the reasons stated above) and given such a blow to the head of some of the other women would have ended it right there, it was likely Abraham or Darryl.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'm betting it's Glenn or Michonne. Glenn because Gimple and Kirkman have been wanting to be closer to the source material where they can. Michonne because Carol being alive means she can fill into the roles that Michonne fills later in the source material, and she's close to Rick, which is a death knell for women on this show.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

And don't try to read too much into the "taking it like a champ" line. That's a straight lift from the comics. They were going to use that no matter who it was.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fair enough; haven't read the comics (and apparently the people who floated the idea haven't either). Seeing as they don't fully follow the comics (so I've heard) is it possible they bludgeoned one of the guys—Abraham, Glenn, Daryl—to keep the line believable?

Draft saved Draft deleted