1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Killing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Apr 3, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I would think it's the woman ... they probably wouldn't just introduce a random staffer as a the leak.

As for the nosebleed excuse for all the blood, that was pretty cringeworthy. I was wondering about all the blood in the first place because they gave the impression there wasn't that much trauma to the victim's body, right? Even the pictures the family saw in the evidence room looked like they were supposed to show bruising from blunt force trauma and chafing from being tied up, not lacerations or bloody wounds. It never looked like a particularly bloody crime.

Oh, and Sarah is an incredibly asexual lead. They can leave all the "romance" out of it for all I care. I mean, I guess that's the point, that she's not incredibly sexual, but wrapped up in her work. But still, the scene with the fiancee had zero chemistry or electricity to it.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Quite frankly, the fiancée is incredibly creepy, and I can't stand his hair. The past episode was slower than the previous three, but it was bound to happen. I love this show.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I wouldn't rule the meth kid and the ex-boyfriend out just yet. The meth kid was very nervous if there was no reason for him to be concerned.

Didn't like how much blood there was supposed to be from Sterling's nosebleed -- that was an implausible red herring.

Hated the open door with the photos of Rosie's body -- a cheap trick for a lesser show.

4. highlander

highlander Member

Okay I missed the first few episodes and have the most recent ones on DVR. Anyone know a good free place to watch the pilot?

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think Hulu only has the last two episodes.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

AMC tends to be really tight with their on demand, not showing episodes until at least a week late and then not keeping them up for long.

Last week was probably the weakest showing to date. I'm going to keep watching but that was the first episode where I really started to lose focus.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Same here. The show seems to be losing steam.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The week before was the week I kind of tuned out in. Last week I thought was pretty good. Some of the stuff -- like the dad breaking down at the gas station -- reeled me back in.

10. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I agree. Interesting where they're going now. It seems very possible that the teacher did it, but there is going to be some sort of problem proving it ... maybe even the dad killing the teacher before they can arrest him.

If the teacher ends up not involved at all, after all the business about the floor cleaning stuff in the girl's lungs, I'm probably out. You can only seem to have the whole thing figured out and then have to start over so many times before it becomes ridiculous. If that's what they're going to keep doing, they might as well have named the girl "Laura Palmer" and been done with it.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm seven episodes into Breaking Bad.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a show. I know I'm really late to the game on this one, but this is some of the best acting I've ever seen in a series.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Last night's episode finally picked up the pace. Seems pretty clear Bennet Ahmed's wife is the killer, he helped her cover it up and now it's just a matter of them arresting him (and her) before Stan kills him.

Draft saved Draft deleted