1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's Hell on Wheels

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Yes. Easily the best episode of the series.
    I take it Elam and Cullen are not heading back to Hell on Wheels? They are shown riding west at the end of the episode? Why not go back?

Any chance the Irish dude survives? Elam shot him the mouth, and not in brain.

2. NDub

NDub Guest

I thought the opposite of both. Cullen and Elam are going back. They took out their enemies, at least the ones who were actively aggressive (The Swede remains). No reason to fear for their lives now. Also, the Irish guy is dead. He put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. Plus, I'm pretty sure his head fell to the side and stopped moving, along with his eyes.

3. Except they were riding into the sunset... West.
    If they point was to take out their enemies, I'm not sure they had to run - Cullen anyway - to begin with. None of those guys were going to screw with Cullen after he put a hole in that dude's head.
    As for the Irish head ... I didn't see him die, just gurgling... I was pretty sure he was dead, until I started thinking about it... Kid I went to school with; his dad tried to kill himself, shot himself through the mouth and lived for many.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

I guess I missed the ride into the sunset.

The more important question: Is there anyone here besides you and me who watch this show?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I do, but it is falling from "must see" status.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You betcha.

I'll miss it, when this inaugural season is over.

Hurry back, Mad Men.

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

The missus and I watch. There's a lot of character and plot development they've been getting through, but definitely the last episode was the best. More action, too.

One thing I like, too, is that when shots are fired, they don't always hit, or hit where they should. That's more realistic with the old West handguns than Westerns where the hero never misses. Cullen will fire 4 or 5 times before he kills anybody while the bad guy gets off a couple rounds as well.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

It's not must-watch-immediately TV for me, but I'm still really enjoying it.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I missed the last episode, but I'll get caught up eventually.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

DVR it every week and watch it Monday night

11. NDub

NDub Guest

You mean when ESPN feeds us another shitty MNF game?

I like where your head is at.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I watch it (just caught up), but if that was that was the best episode in the series maybe it is time for me to stop. I thought the whole thing was insipid.

This is a show which has no idea what direction to take. Bohannon is out for revenge. Then they stop dealing with it. Bohannon and Elam are friends. No acquantainces. No they don't like each other. No they are buddies.

I'm not sure how this show got picked up for a second season but in my opinion at least it better pick up in plot and writing.

Draft saved Draft deleted