1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazon trims field to 20

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 18, 2018.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I have a weird soft spot for Hamilton. It's ugly for a reason. That part of suburban hell by the airport is ugly for no good reason. I am always embarrassed when I pick up visitors—usually my Welsh relatives—who are expecting to see moose drinking from clear rivers and we have to spend a hour driving through the most soulless part of the entire world.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Iron_chet and Huggy like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's a harsh way to talk about Melania.

Pic or GTFO!

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ancaster, if you want to include that, is very nice but Jackson Square is a hellhole.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, we still have room, but it's shrinking every day. Cost of living here is through the roof, especially rent/housing. I'm very lucky where I'm at and what I'm paying.

We have a very good mass transit system of rail, a very good airport that's going to get a multi-billion-dollar makeover.

There are eight sites that were included in the plan, anywhere from Louisville to the north to Parker/Douglas County to the south.

The big blowback is we don't have the roads to handle all the people moving here. We're about to begin the largest transportation project in state history on the only major east-west interstate on the Front Range.

Traffic here has become crazy. Not insane like SoCal or San Francisco, but we don't have enough major roads to accommodate everyone who has moved here in the past four to eight years.

Could Denver handle it? Sure. But unless there's some long-term solutions to roads and housing costs, it's most likely not worth the trouble.

My bet is on Dallas and/or Austin.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I would say Dallas over Austin because of the latter's lack of direct flights, but I'd bet money it's somewhere in metro DC. It has three sites left out of 20. Too bad for me if they win. Won't be able to visit my wife's family without a parachute into northern Va.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Have you been invited to Classified yet?

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That sounds like something an East Coast elitist would say. Gary has beaches, can't they have white collar workers also?

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Take this least favourite neighborhood chat to sportsjournalists.ca, loosers!

Huggy likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Yes, but I haven’t gone. I’ve only flown out recently in the morning.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Bring Corey Booker back? Thought that guy fixed all the problems.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I grew up, and I believe Huggy did as well, about 10km from “the most soulless part of the entire world.” Driving by the airport now, I get anxious almost immediately. The roads are full of cabbies who have no fucking clue how to do their jobs, and every building in the area could have used a sandblast 20 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted