1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing Race 14 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Feb 11, 2009.

1. highlander

highlander Member

Man the Asian brother and sister were firing those pies in each other's faces hard.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

That's a lot of repressed anger right there. However, that was a great detour. I'd wing those pies at someone, too.

3. highlander

highlander Member

They were winging those things at each other. Looked like fun.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Maybe the pie-throwing could be included in every SJ outing from here on out. :D

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Agreed. I thought the entire scene at the mat when Luke got there was amazing and really touching.

That being said, the cheeses had me rolling....on the floor of my apartment. That was HYSTERICAL. Especially the reactions of the people watching at the base of the hill. My god. So funny.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The flood of tears after last night's show was a little more than I expected. Bye hicks, we'll miss you!

7. Wenders

I finally saw the episode from last night (I taped it while watching the Oscars on a different TV) and for the first time, I think I would have enjoyed doing either side of the detour. I would have LOVED rolling around on those Segways, but the pie-hurling thing also looked like it was a lot of fun as well.

Also, I would have totally been enthused to do the paragliding thing. It's on my to-do list before I die and to be able to do it over Bavaria?? totally righteous! It's sad that the wind wasn't cooperating, so Mel was the only one who got to do it.

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

The detours have been better this season. The show bogs down with too much airport intrigue, so the emphasis away from that is positive.

9. Agreed, to an extent, but sometimes that makes it more confusing. How did each team end up on each flight? That's also were the most drama is, typically. But overall, I think the emphasis on the teams, detours, etc. is for the better.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I read somewhere that they made a strong effort to have less airport scenes this time around because they felt it was too boring and didn't advance anything but drama. Why show that when you can show the fun?

I prefer the fun.

11. highlander

highlander Member

The amazing thing about the Amazing Race is how competitors are always surprised when after taking different flights they all end up at the same airport on the same flight or get to the location in the new city and it closed until the morning. Duh! Have the teams ever watched one episode of the Amazing Race? Although I'd love to see a team or two get a day or two lead somehow, it wouldn't make for good TV.

12. Wenders

It's happened before. If there's one team who missed a flight or whatever and it was an elimination leg, usually there's a clue after everyone has checked in that basically says, "Proceed to the pitstop for your Philimination." It happened in the S1 finale.

Draft saved Draft deleted