1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing Race 14 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Liked the first show. I thought it was hilarious that the hillbillies kicked everybody's butt on the cheese task and then still almost lost because they couldn't find Phil at the end.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Watched this show for the first time last night.
    I was pleased.
    And I couldn't stop thinking that the deaf kid was able to find the yodelers before the couple from Virginia.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I want to see how those wooden "backpacks" are actually used to store cheese. It might have been better to see them try to haul it all up the hill.

My first idea was to put the cheese wheels on the "backpacks" and use it as a sled. That being said, I was happy to see someone actually do that.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Did the mother and the deaf kid had a wheel of cheese roll down the hill, picked it up and carried it to the stand. No penalty so why didn't all of them do it.

5. The Eyebrow is blogging for EW: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/phil-keoghan-bl.html

I thought it was great that he signed to Luke. What a special moment.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Obviously you're not too familiar with typical Auburn fans.

7. highlander

highlander Member

Yet only one hot cheerleader last season. Though I'll take Star over the two Dolphin cheerleaders.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Their little blurb in the intro gave you the impression they wouldn't be getting along too well right from the start.

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Agree with your assessment, Highlander. Also, the cheese carry was the funniest thing I have seen on this show since I started watching it several races back.

10. highlander

highlander Member

I don't know the two frats guys from ASU trying to march was pretty good.

11. Editude

Editude Active Member

The deaf guy seems a bit defensive, but that was real emotion the team (and Phil) felt when they finished the leg in first. The sibling lawyers might be competitive, along with the older married (non-hick) couple.

12. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Agreed. Both of those are at the top of my list.

The Frat Guys marching:

Draft saved Draft deleted