1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing Journey -- The History Of The Who

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I remember the story about Stein -- I don't know if it was in the Marsh book or not -- going backstage after the first take of "Fooled Again" and just ripping into the band, getting right into Townshend's face, saying the take was shit (from most reports it was pretty good) and a huge brawl nearly breaking out backstage. They stomped back on stage ready to kick the ass of anybody who got in their way.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was in the Marsh book (don't think it's in the movie because I haven't seen it for a while). Townshend called him every name in the book but they went out and kicked some ass on that one. The verison of "Baba O'Riley" from that show is pretty good too.

3. Starman --
    Just FYI.

The faces on the firemen make the clip worth it, and I am sure that's John Cusack singing along at the beginning.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

If it isn't Cusack, it's his identical twin brother.

5. In the deluxe "The Kids Are Alright," one of the bonus tracks is an isolated Entwistle bass track from that recording. It's basically a 9-minute solo.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Man ... I thought the doc was good, but they were hard on Entwhistle at the end.

Maybe I missed it, but I was disappointed to not see any footage from the greatest live performance ever, their version of A Quick One from Rock 'n Roll Circus (also in Kids Are Alright). Townsend's riff that kicks off the last third of the song has no equal in rock 'n roll history. Greatest ever.

I was also disappointed not to hear the definitive live version of Sister Disco, Squeeze Box or Athena.

7. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

That performance was electric, and made The Who my favorite band. Still are six years later. (Damn, it's already been six years since 9/11.)

8. That was the best thing about "The Kids Are Alright."
    Love the fountain drums.

Draft saved Draft deleted