1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amato Isn't Bitter That He Lost To Akron

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Just_An_SID, Sep 13, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

With yourself is also better than Uno, Mr. Revenge. Not better than blackjack, but better than Uno.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Had 28, never 29...

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Key words: Most of 'em. I wasn't one of them the last couple of years, and the outlook isn't getting brighter.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

There's no way that Lee Fowler is giong to to through another convoluted coaching search so soon after the Sendek fiasco.

Besides, Amato's contract just got extended another year.

5. Sam Mills 51

The mere thought that that could be the case makes me sick to my stomach. Amato has made nothing but flimsy excuses for his atrocious play-calling, then lobs salvos at the MAC for taking partial qualifiers? Would he have done the same thing had NCSU whipped Akron as many probably thought going into the game?

Lee Fowler needs to stop listening to the Wolfpack Club, who blindly backs this guy. It was the same group that basically pushed Sendek out the door. Note to Fowler: Stop letting the inmates run the asylum.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The hot rumor in SEC country is that the agent of Arkansas head coach Houston Nutt has asked permission to speak with NC State about Nutt, should the 'Pack fire Amato.
    If Arkansas loses to Vandy on Saturday, permission won't matter. Nutt will be unemployed before the team leaves Nashville.

7. Sam Mills 51

Aside from the cheap name jokes, I'd take Houston Nutt over Chuck Amato, regardless of whether Arkansas wants him. At least he doesn't play the blame game, make excuses and act like a 10-win coach trapped in a perennial 6-5 body.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Maybe Akron coach J.D. Brookhart would be a good fit at NC State. He'd have to run his non-qualifiers through Hargrave Military Academy instead directly into school, but it wouldn't be a big deal.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Count me among the cribbage (and bridge) players, BTW.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

11. lono

lono Active Member

Remember, these were the same cousin-fucking, tobacco-chewing crack- and meth-head fans who thought they were going to get John Calipari, Rick Barnes or Jay Wright to replace Herb Sendek.

How'd that work out for you, Wolfcrack fans?

12. Pi

Pi Member

About as well as your love life, I suppose.

Draft saved Draft deleted