1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I making a mistake?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd wait and take the kid when 'Clerks 2' or 'The U.S. vs. John Lennon' open up.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Not too badly, actually.

We get there -- it was a theatre with assigned seating, which was nice -- and there were several toddlers my son's age in the crowd.

Jack was awestruck as he saw just how big the screen was and how big the people were on it. He had a couple minor incidents and we took him out into the lobby to calm him down, but other than that, he was well behaved. Much more than the some of the other kids.

And Buck, I'm waiting to take him to Talladega Nights.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Honestly, in the past few years I've seen people with children 5 and younger at 10:30 p.m showings of 'Gangs of New York,' 'Farenheit 9/11' and 'The Grudge.'

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Those parents are idiots. The only movies my son will see until he's 6 or so are kid-friendly flicks.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My girlfriends and I prefer matinees, and normally we just accept that there are gonna be kids there who'll make some noise. That's the price for cheaper tickets, etc. . .So far, we've only gotten pissed off once, the time we went to see "Finding Neverland" and not only did a couple bring their toddler and 5-year-old to it, but they allowed them to run screaming up and down the aisles when the kids got bored.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Went to see Superman tonight and there were these people behind me who just wouldn't shut up. I wanted so bad to yell, "Hey, these people didn't drop $8 a ticket to watch this movie in your living room!" Worst part was, it was a dude in his 40s or 50s. I mean, you'd expect inconsiderate behavior like that from teenagers, but jeez. Act like you've been somewhere.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Saw II for Freelance Jr.'s 7th birthday party.

Draft saved Draft deleted