1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I making a mistake?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 23, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wow!

Anyone got some cancer stories to share this morning?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Thanks, 21. Thoise are the stories I hate to hear as a parent.

I think we'll just stick with Gummi Bears for him.

You so not described my kid in that sentence, but I will let the in-laws hold him in their laps.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I know, I'm sorry.  :-[

But for the grownups....try this: dump a box of Raisinettes into the popcorn, best movie treat in the world.

4. poindexter

As I was reading the thread, I was thinking that two was pretty young for popcorn. Of all the adult foods that can get stuck, I'd think popcorn would be up there.

Please, freelance - take him to the 10:00 pm showing. Nothing makes my day more than seeing babies and young children out at midnight. I love it when I see strollers in the theatre.

And bring the little one's cell phone - and take it off vibrate.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

NOOOOO!!!

a moviie that's fun for children DOES NOT MEAN FOR 2 YEAR OLDS!!!! don't do it. it's not fair for anyone.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And afterwards, we're going to go shopping at Wal-Mart because mommy needs a new tube top!

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

My little man was capable of watching movies at home with me at 2, but he'd get up and run around, etc., several times along the way. It's a nice thought, but understand you're probably going to get some looks from people. Even if it is a kid's movie.

8. poindexter

You got looks for a reason. Because it's fricking annoying to see someone else's two year old run around during the movie you shelled out your hard-earned money for.

Leave the really young ones at home. And leave them at home at any age unless they can hold their own during the whole movie. The two year old doesn't give a shit about "Cars" or who stars in it.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Let's clarify. I DIDN'T take my little man to the theater at age 2, precisely because I knew if he couldn't sit still for a movie at home, it certainly wasn't going to happen at a theater. But if Freelance does it, he's going to get looks, even at a kid's movie.

10. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Freelance, on behalf of moviegoers: DON'T DO IT!!!

It's selfish to drag a 2-year-old to a movie just because you want to get out of the house. Find a sitter or don't go.

Otherwise, bad karma will come to you.

11. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Drive in is definitely the way to go. That way, the 2 year old can sleep when he grows weary of the film...which by the way was a lot of fun. Took my two kids to it (they are considerably older than 2) and we all enjoyed it. Saw it at a drive in, also.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Oh, and one other thing, not lethal, but still.....I've seen plenty of little ones completely freak out when the lights go down, and that loud music starts blasting in the previews....you see all the parents with the terrified kids streaming for the exits, after a couple minutes of 'Here! Popcorn!'

I get Freelance's good intentions...the family is excited to take Junior to his first movie. But if it's a bad experience, it may be a long time before you get him to go back.

Draft saved Draft deleted