1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

am i an a-hole for not buying candy for trick-or-treaters?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Give out travel-size bottles of Vaseline Intensive Care. They youngsters will thank you as their skin dries in the approaching winter months.

Also, distribute packs of Nice n Clean moist wipes. They can use them to tidy up after enjoying their Buns and Butterfingers and what-have-you.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We got slammed late last year and I gave away some of the stuff my kids had collected. They were none too happy, let me tell you.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Our dog is our child.... will be for a while, because we're not planning on having kids. He's pretty spoiled and we don't like to irritate him. Plus, I'm going to be working (covering an exhibition college hoops game) and my wife will be getting ready to go out to a costume party at a local watering hole, where I'll meet her after said game.
    Bascially, we don't feel like putting out the effort and don't like children.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Kids: Fuck 'em. Feed 'em fish heads.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

If you don't want to give out candy, it's your decision. Some people are afraid to open their doors, and that's not unreasonable in a lot of places.

If you get two or three rolls of nickels and give them out, I'm sure the kids would be OK with that. That way, you don't have to worry about having a lot of leftover candy. If you don't want to be bothered, go to a movie or shopping mall and hang out.

I never was real big on Halloween as a kid, but that was probably because I had asthma and that was one time it would usually flare up.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's not about the holiday. That's overcompensating through competition with the neighbors.

Draft saved Draft deleted