1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I a dirty cheating bastard?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

http://www.moviewavs.com/0095461785/MP3S/Movies/Clerks/pissyouoff.mp3

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

... the ladies that go through every gallon of milk looking for that later date as if somewhere beyond all the other gallons is a container of milk that won't go bad for, like, a decade.

Edit: I think this means F_B is a Milk Maid.

3. rallen13

rallen13 Member

"Reduced for Quick Sale" items are not to be feared. Just Monday, I went to Kroger's and saw freshly cut and cored pineapple slices from the deli marked for quick sale at just $ .99, instead of the regular price of $2.99. I bought it, took it home and topped some Hawaiin style chicken with part of it, then took the rest to work with me Tuesday to have with cottage cheese with my lunch. Got two meals worth uf use out of a $ .99 item that showed a "Best Used By" date of Wednesday, Oct. 3, Wednesday. It was very fresh and juicy. No prob.

4. Fourth and 8

Fourth and 8 Member

If you have kids, "reduced for quick sale" becomes part of your standard diet.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Back when I was a bit younger, me and my unemployed roommate would often dine on what we liked to call "old meat." One grocery store nearby always had about-to-expire meat so we'd pick it up cheaply, take it home and immediately cook it. These days? Not so much.

6. I do the same thing - with beer.

When I buy beer, I always dig through the cooler to find the most recently packaged beer.

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

I believe this simply makes you a middle-aged woman. However, I did immediately think of the milk maid.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why don't you try eating on $21 a week instead?

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/202535

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

or because it's usually stocked from behind

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was outstanding.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Doesn't soy milk last forever? I bought a half gallon last week and it doesn't expire until the middle of November...

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Actually, no. That's how it works. I used to work at Super Target and they told us to put the stuff that would be expiring the next day in front because it has to get sold or they lose that money.

Draft saved Draft deleted