1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alvin Robertson is a pimp (allegedly)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The four-time NBA All-Star is charged with trafficking of persons under 18 for prostitution, sexual assault of a child and sexual performance of a child. McIntosh is charged with sexual performance of a child and trafficking of persons under 18 for prostitution.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Former_Spur_charged_in_sex_trafficking_case.html

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He's Bucked.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I remember when he had a quadruple-double, which just sounds dirty now.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's hard out there for Alvin Robertson.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

His ex-wife was one of the prettiest women I've ever seen in my 30 years of covering sports. Looks like it's been a long fall since his playing days.

Knowing him, I suspect he might not be taken alive. A very sad story.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It just dumbfounds me that a guy who made as much money as Robertson did playing basketball can end up pimping children when he's in his 40s.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Don't forget, his kid is a safety for the Vikings, so he a multi-millionaire son to get money from as well.

On the other hand, I think his son might shoot Robertson if he got the chance, so maybe pimping was easier.

8. Small Town Guy

I used to think that with these stories too but this SI story last year gave great details about how and why so many of them go broke. And a lot of these guys are players who played the last 10 years, when the salaries were much higher than they were even 15, 20 years ago, when Robertson was playing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364/index.htm

Jay, I didn't realize that about his son. But found this story, where the kid's role model is his stepdad, not Robertson.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/55901852.html?elr=KArks5PhDcUUUU

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If www.basketball-reference.com is correct, Robertson made nearly $12m during his NBA career.

10. Small Town Guy

Then, as sad as it sounds, it's not very surprising he'd be having money problems. Guys make that a year now and play for 10 years and end up bankrupt like a year after retirement. re: Walker, Antoine.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Alvin Robertson is a dirtbag, best thing to happen would be a cop to put a bullet in him.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

He has a talented son playing high school hoops in Milwaukee. He is a jr that has committed to Iowa State...he can jump out of the gym and has a bunch of upside.

Draft saved Draft deleted