1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Already sick of yankees-red sox

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 18, 2006.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I live in Cleveland. I like the Pirates.

I have no dog in this fight.

Also, MLB.com is leading with the Yankees-Red Sox. Fucking facsists. I hope someone hacks their shit with pictures of Asian men with big dicks.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You live in Cleveland and you like the Pirates? Pardon me while I snicker. And I can definitely understand why you have no problem with ESPN showing Red Sox-Yankees. Those of us whose teams are still in contention have a bit more concern, though.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Which is why I never watch the Fox GOTW. MLB blacks out Extra Innings on Saturday afternoons stupidly thinking that more people will watch Fox as a result. Fuck that. You take away something I'm paying for, I'm not watching the shit you jam down my throat on Fox.

Every fucking weekend is a combination of:

Yankees
    Red Sox
    Mets
    Braves
    Dodgers
    The field

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

You live in Cleveland and you like the Pirates? Pardon me while I snicker. And I can definitely understand why you have no problem with ESPN showing Red Sox-Yankees. Those of us whose teams are still in contention have a bit more concern, though.
    I mean, if we want to get all personal, that's fine. I insulted A_F, so I should be able to take it. What's funny about liking the Pirates? They stink. There are a few other fans on the board. I'm from Youngstown. You know, 55 miles from Pittsburgh, about 70 from Cleveland. I moved to Cleveland six months ago.

Anything else you'd like to know? I have no problem with ESPN showing Yankees-Red Sox because I appreciate the rivalry, what it's meant to baseball and what it means, you know, to the freaking pennant race.

But please, snicker away. If I can help in any other way, let me know.

5. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

The Yankees are going to acquire Soriano and platoon him as their bat boy for this series. The Red Sox have yet to counter.

6. Blue_Water

Blue_Water Member

Can you really blame ESPN for blowing up Red Sox-Yankees any more than the shopkeepers on Main Street in Cooperstown, N.Y. that are trying to make a buck?

I visited the Hall of Fame last week and there are about a dozen stores selling t-shirts, hats, etc., along Main Street. Here's what sells to visitors based on what I saw:
    1) Yankees stuff, by a lot
    2) Red Sox
    3) Mets - a distant third
    4) Cardinals - a very distant fourth - mostly Pujols stuff
    5) Every other team

BTW, first visit to the HOF in about 20 years and was very uninspired.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Name two teams that could give better ratings nationally than a Yankees/Red Sox series this weekend?

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Methinks you're taking it a little too personally. People have long been ridiculed for being fans of certain teams. I take heat occasionally for being a Texans, Rockets and Astros fans. It's all good. We're adults, some of us, and as such being needled by others for our fandom shouldn't really be that big a deal.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's not the fact they're airing the games. It's the fact that that's all ESPN will fucking talk about. A lot of people in New York and Boston will watch. Most people outside of those areas won't.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Amen, brother

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I've got no problem being heckled for the Pirates; I'm kind of used to it, you know, since they've had 13 (about to be 14) straight losing seasons. ... But you deduced, I think, that since I like the Buccos, I must be of some unsound mind or a dumbass, since I also don't mind the Red Sox-Yankees hype.

You like the Texas and Astros, so you must not mind the overhyping of Tom Brady's connection with Greg Anderson.

Sound dumb?

EDIT: I knew I should have stayed off this thread; there's no winning on this argument. So I'll agree to disagree and tuck my tail between my legs.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You thought wrong. You're welcome to stay, but I never once implied what you're suggesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted