1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Already sick of yankees-red sox

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Kill me now. Why does it have to be all over ESPN ALREADY? Smart of them to pickup nearly all the games - monster ratings. but it will overhyped as usual.

I plan on avoiding the TV this weekend. except maybe innings 8-9, especially if Ortiz steps to the plate.

I say the yanks take 2, red sox 3, and yanks remain 1/2 game up.

and the only game i'd really watch is wells pitching against ponson, but im not sure that's happening.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Weekends like this are why I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, hate ESPN.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Does anyone have any updates on T.O.? Is he practicing? What are Parcells' thoughts about T.O.? Are T.O. and Bledsoe getting along?

T.O.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

A_F, there is never a mention of the Yankees-Red Sox series on Lifetime, Noggin or Fox Soccer Channel. Use your clicker.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've been sick of this whole matchup since the season started. That's why I refuse to watch ESPN when they start talking about it. Not seeing any sports news on TV is better than watching some of the tripe ESPN plays up.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I don't have a dog in this fight. But jesus christ, either a) go fuck yourself or b) turn the channel. Or both.

This is a HUGE series in the landscape of the AL playoffs, which are very exciting and entertaining this year. It's possible one of these teams won't make the playoffs, making this series, which also has the added rarity of being a five-gamer, all the more important.

We get it. You hate ESPN for overblowing it, you hate the two teams, you're going to spend your weekend oogling Ashlee Simpson.

Go tell someone who gives half a shit.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It may be a big series, but this doesn't always boil down to people hating the Red Sox and Yankees as teams, but ESPN blowing off virtually all other races in favor of it.

As bad as the NL is this year, the wild card race is, like its name implies, absolutely wild. Why not focus a bit more on that instead of the Red Sox and Yankees.

And your anger over this seems to belie the fact that you don't have a dog in this fight.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes this series has huge postseason implications and it should be hyped.

Of course it'd be nice if a White Sox-Tigers series got as much, if not more, hype since those two teams are, you know, better than the Yankees and the Red Sox.

9. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I hardly ever start the threads bashing ESPN. I'm just that in the first 90 minutes of Cold Pizza (whew - that was embarrassing to type), you would think that the playoffs begin next week or something. THERE ARE STLL 50 GAMES LEFT IN THE SEASON.

The White Sox are playing the Twins.
    2 reporters may go to jail in the Barry Bonds situation.
    Houston-Milwaukee loser might as well be eliminated.
    And of course, one quarter of Reggie Bush vs. TO sunday night.

Now, they have some fat, unkempt, shaven dude wearing a yankees jersey talking about what's on TVO.

I'll be waking up at 630 am sunday for usa-china, thanks.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, but that would require a view of a picture that ESPN does not care to comprehend on an ongoing basis -- Life west of the Hudson.

Of course, Fox is going to forcefeed us the Yankees-Red Sox game Saturday...

Yay.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

6 hours of tennis today on ESPN2.

Another 6 Saturday.

Another 4 Sunday.

Seems fine to me.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Anger management. Think about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted