1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allstate: no new homeowners policies in Cali

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stretch15, May 11, 2007.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Let us not forget another once in a lifetime midwest flood....
    fuckabunchaallstate/statefarm....
    When this policy is up, I'm taking my homeowners to AAA

3. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Ah yes...how could I forget the flood.

And if they aren't insuring new Cali homes due to the earthquake threat, will they pull out of every state that has a major fault line?

That's a lot of states...including mine.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You can only hope that people tell these asshat megamoneymakers to fuck off regarding other policies.

If I get cancelled, my car insurance will go somewhere else.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Point of order: It's not "cancelled". It's "non-renewed." You know, FWIW

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Some insurers in Texas, especially along the Gulf Coast, stopped issuing new policies because of mold issues. California is just the latest victim in this mentality.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

After a bunch of people sued them to get their insurance money, State Farm stopped selling new homeowner policies in Mississippi. They still honor the old ones -- at least until the next hurricane -- and sell car insurance, though.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Designated For Assignment

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This isn't new. Car insurance companies have only recently returned to NJ.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Not surprising, coming from the same group of ethical cyphers who are still dragging their feet on paying claims on the '94 Northridge earthquake.

I said it on an earlier thread ripping Allstate. Tony Montana and Pablo Escobar were more ethical businessmen than the suits at Allstate.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

IIRC, no new policies are being issued in Mississippi, as a result of the Katrina shit.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

It's a business. If AllState believes it will lose money doing business in a particular region, it would be irresponsible to continue writing policies there.
    Now, when one of these companies pretends that a policy that has been in force is a "new policy" -- which happened in the Gulf not long ago -- those people should go to jail.

Draft saved Draft deleted