1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allow me to pre-emptively congratulate Alabama on scoring 100 points

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I'll take the under.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yep. 22-9 sounds about right.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes, Chattanooga lost something like three straight years to pre-Perrilloux Jacksonville State.

As for Curry, he's already brought a team back to Tuscaloosa, Kentucky in 1996. So I'm not sure there's a lot of anticipation for this one. The GSU game is the week before the Auburn game next year, though, so at least Alabama will be able to rest its starters after the first quarter.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Speaking of Indiana State, they're playing at Penn State in '11 I think. JoePa should be ashamed of himself. Indiana State would struggle to win three games in Division II.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'd probably be in favor of a blanket ban on I-A's playing I-AA's, or at least for BCS schools. But if I can't have that, can I at least have a ban on their doing it after September? There is nothing more pointless or annoying than a throwaway game in mid-November.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

With the new SEC rule requiring all teams to play on Thanksgiving weekend, you're left in many cases with either a game against a patsy or an open date. Most I-A teams have conference games that week (the I-AA regular season is over for the most part, with the playoffs beginning around Thanksgiving). And if you're a big school, ideally you want your open date close to the middle of the season.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Indiana State doesn't care. They just want the $450,000 check.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Give me $450K, I'll play Alabama by myself.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

8)

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If that were the case, I'd be a billionaire by now.

11. Damn straight. PSU wants nothing to do with anything even closely resembling a loseable non-conference schedule.
    '09 includes Akron, Syrcacuse, Temple and Eastern Illinois.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Romo with a surprise year of eligibility, EIU ftw.

Draft saved Draft deleted