1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alleged "Sports Medicine Pioneer" Caught with HGH at The Border

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 14, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Re: Sports Medicine Pioneer Caught with HGH at The Border

In 10 years everything will be allowed in professional sports.

Steroids, HGH, bull piss, ape sperm, whatever you want to make you better. This shit will be like beer - all you have to be is of age to do it.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Here's all you need to know;

Using H.G.H., he said, may allow him a longer lifespan with his wife, who he said is 22 years younger. “

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Let's hope so; especially here in the United States, once known as the Land of the Free.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, HGH can help prevent some of the effects of aging. Doesn't sound so bad if you were taking it under a doctor's supervision.

I'm 40, and my girlfriend is 28. Sign me up.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Seems like 60 Minutes did a feature on a doctor out in Phoenix(?) and he runs an aging center where one of the things he prescribes is HGH. I just remember it because they showed him working out and he was ripped like a bodybuilder. He was also pushing 70.
    His body looked like it was 40 years younger.
    He also had a ton of clients. His argument was the HGH replaced the hormones the body lost naturally as it aged.
    It was pretty convincing.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Look at Matt Damon in his newest movie. HGH is all over the place.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Doctor was in Vegas and Sly Stallone swears by him.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just heard back from my son on this guy. Galea's the team doctor for the Argonauts

My son knows a bunch of football players who've been to see him. Apparently the plasma therapy is covered by OHIP (Ontario's health insurance) and as Doc Talk points out, is experimental but certainly not illegal.

There's also a very long waiting list to see the guy

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think when all is said and done, we'll decide that the benefits of HGH far outweigh any medical risks and it will become widely used.

10. Re: Sports Medicine Pioneer Caught with HGH at The Border

The problem is the morons who misuse it, i.e. OxyContin.

Using or not using something that potent, however, seems like a choice no professional sports league wants to force its athletes to make.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Is there anyway that Lupica doesn't write about this tomorrow? I'd say there's a two percent chance he doesn't have a column. And I can already picture the prose.

"So now it's about the drugs with Tiger Woods, and I'm not talking about Ambien or Vicodin. Now the story's no longer about Rachel or Jessica or Mandy or even Elin. Now the story's about Bobby and Gary and Arnie and Lee. But most of all, like it has been since he was first on the Mike Douglas Show, this Tiger story is now about a fat blonde kid from Ohio named Jack. Because if Tiger's hooked up with this doc from Canada - what, Victor Conte wasn't on IMG's payroll? - then everything we thought we knew about his pursuit of the great Nicklaus's record goes up in flames faster than his career as a watch spokesman." And blah blah.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

No way Lupica calls Jack fat.

Otherwise, that was great.

Draft saved Draft deleted