1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allan Klein dies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No, he was the Walrus.

Cranberry Sauce.

Double J:

I don't think Paul or John wrote enough world-beating solo music to do much more than fill a greatest hits CD. But for each, that's a hell of a CD. But as a team, they were untouchable, even if quite a few songs after 1965 or so were collaborations only on a minimal level.

Agree that Jagger and Richards wish they were as good. Might add Page and Plant to that sentiment as well. Hell, every songwriting team.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

There's some interesting commentary about Allen Klein on the Stones documentary, '25 x 5'.

Richards called the relationship "the price of an education".

Jagger or Wyman (can't recall which one for sure) said that Allen Klein made good deals for....Allen Klein.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Mick Jagger was still chasing down Klein in recent years. The ABKCO Rolling Stones stuff went up with great fanfare on eMusic a year or two back, which was a big deal for eMusic because up until recently it was mostly all independent label stuff. (eMusic charges a flat fee per month, and I presume that's one of the reason rightsholders don't get the royalty they do from iTunes and Amazon.) It didn't take but a few weeks before it was all off the site. I presume Jagger and his people placed an angry call to Klein to get it the hell off of there.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

My understanding is that Jagger warned the Beatles about getting involved with Klein, but Klein brilliantly recognized that Yucko was the avenue by which he could land John Lennon. Of course, since John wouldn't listen to anyone but Yucko, that was all it took to get the wedge between John and Paul. After that, manipulating George and Ringo to Klein's side probably took all of five minutes out of his day.

Draft saved Draft deleted