1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Time Movie Lineup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, May 22, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't get me started, Zeke. As much as I love the Spider-Man movies (yes, even No. 3), I still haven't forgiven Sam Raimi for ruining one of my favorite books with that piece of shit.

And it's Gus Osinski. No idea why those fuckers had to change it for the movie.

Maybe we need a five-man rotation. Chapel's got to be there, no matter how much the movie sucked. First-ballot Hall of Famer for sure.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Eddie Harris was a righty with a deadly Vasoline Ball.

Can Reggie Jackson be used since he was in a fiction movie? (I must kill ... the queen)

This team is gonna need a shrink.

"The mind is a strange thing. You must begin by asking it ... What is losing? Losing is a disease, as contagious as polio."

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I see your Lou Brown and raise you....Jackie Robinson Cooper (aka The Kid from Left Field) "Let's Get That PENNNANTTTT!"

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's tough, though. On the one hand, it's your chance to get DeNiro in the lineup. On the other hand, it was probably the most unathletic-looking athletic performance by an actor since Anthony Perkins played Jimmy Piersall in Fear Strikes Out.

5. Rambler

Rambler Member

What a great flick...Along with "Dead Solid Perfect" among my all-time under-rated sports movies.

6. outofplace

I really need to rent that. Haven't seen it in many, many years.

"I never struck out Ted Williams. Hell, I never even faced him."

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

"Hey c'mon. Let's you and me go to the bar and get stinkin' drunk. Piss on Ted Williams!"

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Amanda Whurlitzer in the bullpen. Can be strong for a few innings before her elbow gives out.

9. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Steve Nebraska

10. outofplace

Yes!

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Alright, as far as the pitching goes, I think we're looking at:

SP: Billy Chapel, Eddie Harris, Nuke LaLoosh, Steve Nebraska, um, PrayForRain?

RP: Henry Rowengartner (remember, he relieved in the pennant-clinching game) as setup, with Chet Steadman and (Firstname) Schoup as our "holy shit, we need to extend the game a little bit" guys. Rick Vaughn closes. I will not argue this.

Oh, and Bullpen Catcher: John Kinsella.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Joining Susan Sarandon at starting groupie, I nominate Jessica Biel from Summer Catch. Radio announcer: Bob Uecker

Draft saved Draft deleted