1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All The President's Men is on right now ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tardreedo, Feb 21, 2007.

1. tardreedo

tardreedo Member

I took the day off and it's AMC right now. Brilliant.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Saw the last 55 minutes when it was on earlier today, but I don't see it on now (Hoffa's just ending) and I don't see listed again this week. :mad:

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Great film. And the actor who plays Donald Segretti is a good guy.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Don't tell me you think this is all the work of little Don Segretti.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can't stand watching movies on AMC anymore. With all the commercials, a 2-hour movie takes about 4-hours.

Didn't it used to just show movies and no ads? Or am I imagining that?

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

No, you're not. It used to be no ads, then ads between the movies, now ads EVERY FUCKIN' FIVE MINUTES. I don't watch AMC anymore . . . TCM's got the right idea.

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

The movie started around 10 and ended at 1:15 a.m. I wish my newspaper sold advertising like that.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Last year, I tried watching the Godfather (part 1) on AMC. I got frustrated 3 commercial breaks and many edits for content in.

9. OK. Here's something I've always wondered about this movie and I'd like to know what everyone here thinks, especiallly the older folks:

Every managing/executive editor I've ever had has a touch of Jason Robards' Ben Bradlee in his demeanor .. especially the scene early on when he tells the guys "you don't have it" and then gives Bernstein the stop-dead look.

Was Robards just that brilliant in catching the essence of an editor/Bradlee or has every editor modeled himself after what Robards was in that movie? Perhaps there's a third option, but I don't know what it is ...

10. boots

boots New Member

Hey, in case you go out for popcorn. The ending remains the same every time.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Well, we've talked about this before, but not necessarily. In some TV versions of the movie, Bradlee's final speech is SEVERELY truncated, which is just terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted