1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Super Bowls indoors?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Left_Coast, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It's about the week before the game as much as the game itself.

Should never be held north of Atlanta again.

Unless it is in San Fran.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Believe me, it rarely rains in Miami in February (driest month in Florida) and its even more rare that it rains like that.

It happens, it doesn't happen often and indoor Super Bowls suck.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Roger Goodell doesn't care about the rain.

From an AP folo today:

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Having only one of 41 Super Bowls affected by rain isn't enough to make them go indoors all the time.

Frankly, all Super Bowls should be played outdoors, on natural grass and in warm locales. First of all, places like KC, Green Bay, Buffalo, etc. don't have the necessary infrastructure and hotel space to host a Super Bowl.

I hate indoor Super Bowls, basically because of artificial turf. The grass stains that accumulate throughout the course of the game add to the fourth quarter drama for me. Maybe its strange, but that's just how I associate it.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'm sure Huizenga spent a chunk of today trying to figure a way to put a retractable roof on that stadium.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I like either.

Love the shiny helmets and speed of indoors.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Super Bowl is going to be packed to the rafters by people paying thousands of dollars per ticket, and the hotels are going to be packed all week, whether they play it in Buffalo, Green Bay or Anchorage.

Super Bowl 50 should be at Lambeau Field.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, despite the constant snow we've had in Denver the past six weeks (which has been abnormal), it was 45 and sunny yesterday and into the high 50s today. And the city has the stadium, the infrastructure and the hotel rooms to pull it off. Is there a chance it could snow? Yes. But there's a better chance it will be sunny and dry. And if it snows, so what?

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If you host all the week-of-game festivities in Milwaukee, it could.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Fans couldn't care.
    Let them do all their bar-hopping in Milwaukee and bus/train them up to Green Bay for the game. Big deal? I don't think so.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, a lot of those would prefer a winter getaway. I wouldn't shell out that much money for a ticket knowing it was going to be in Buffalo, Green Bay or Anchorage.

I would for San Diego, San Francisco, Phoenix or Miami, though.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thereby eliminating domed stadiums in Detroit, Indy, St. Louis, a planned retractable one in Minneapolis and you're an idiot for eliminating all but nine cities.

Draft saved Draft deleted