1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Star Rosters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mauer has caught 15 stealing to Rodriguez's 12 caught stealing, Looser Tigers Fanboy. :p And Mauer's .392 to Rodriguez's .298? No contest! ;)

I just won't admit that the two are very close in fielding stats!

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Rosie, I love the sig pic.

And Mauer deserved to start, but he wasn't gonna make it in the fan voting.

3. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

You don't fully realize how dreadful the Royals are until you try to pick an All-Star from their roster.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It's also the wallpaper for my cell phone. :D

Of course Mauer deserved to start. And it sadly didn't surprise me a bit that he didn't get the fan votes to do so.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Liriano is a fucking stud. But doing what Papelbon has done in Boston under that scrutiny...sorry, but that's ROY-worthy, no matter how well Liriano has performed.

And that Redman selection is the biggest token representative joke I can recall. Dude has more walks than whiffs. Joke.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Since when does "scrutiny" have any bearing on the ROY award?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Yes, it should've been Grudzelanik or Sanders over Redman. And while KC still sucks floppy tits, I'd like to point out they, as of right now, dont' have the worst record in baseball. That'll change when Minne-ha-ha gets through with them, but for right now:

Eat it, Pirates.

9. Stupid

Stupid Member

the All-Star Game is a joke. does anyone even watch that crap anymore?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Disregarding the latest babblings from old man Spnited...go check out the litany of closers the Sox have gone thru during the "save" era. If you don't believe the scrutiny has something to do with the turnover, well, then I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Where would the Sox be without Papelbon? Where would they be if they had to rely on Foulke or Timlin again? Third place.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I looked at the stats for Liriano and Papelbon, and seems to me that Liriano should the the ROY nod. "Under scrutiny" would mean that only New York or Boston players would get all the awards from what I understand about media scrutiny in those areas. If that's the case, why bother even having teams in other areas?

Oh yeah, there is life outside the East Coast!

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Rosie, shhhhh, don't tell.

Pretty soon we'll be overrun with leaf-peepers and whatnot.

Draft saved Draft deleted