1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Star Game running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

You touch those video games and you will be grounded for a month!

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I've got a great idea! The game's moving at a nice clip, might actually make a few EC papers, let's drag this shit out with an on-field ceremony. Don't worry about the rain that's on the way.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Did they just stop the game to present an award? I'm fucking done with this.

EDIT: No offense to Roberto Clemente. But I'm done with this.

TWO DOT EDITION: I would keep watching if Pedro was there so I could see him with his hat off. Because he has weird hair.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They have to keep the kids from being able to see the end of the game.

This is total BS. Why can't they do this crap before the game or before the Home Run Derby?

Next thing, you'll be telling me editors at PM papers will start having meetings at 8 a.m. on deadline.

Wait, they do that already. Everyone is supposed to "work around" it. Never mind. Carry on.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Selig sounded like Barbara Walters when he tried to say Nicaragua.

6. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

See, MLB [read Bud] is devious. They know that if anyone criticizes this ceremony, they come off as criticizing Roberto Clemente's memory and legacy.

But the time for this is in the pre-game, not now. You can't tell us 'this one counts' and then just bring it to a screeching halt. This game is such a cluster fuck it's incredible.

7. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

They should have brought Jon Miller out to over-pronounce it. Neek-AH-rah-gwa.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

In hindsight, I can understand it. They started the game so early tonight they probably didn't have time to do it then.

9. Hambone

Hambone Member

Is it just me or did that award resemble a phallus?

10. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I agree that the middle of the game (especially one that counts) was not the time for a presentation like that.

Of course, we should expect no different from Bud Light Selig, the most inept of the four major pro sport commissioners.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

leave it to clueless bud to give baseball a halftime show. yikes!! ??? ??? :eek: :eek:

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, the Tigers are done, so we can just catch the score in the morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted