1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose UFC/MMA/That Kind Of Thing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Dec 11, 2006.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

And I am a happy camper. Tap out bitch!

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

UFC getting fewer viewers on Fox than Cops does.

http://theclassical.org/theclog/dana-white-explains-television-to-you-idiots#.T7KYEQe-G_I.facebook

3. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

The card the UFC most recently put on Fox wasn't a Fox-level card. It should've been on FX instead. I think they learned from that mistake and their next effort will be better.
    As for the Strikeforce card last night, Cormier really emerged as a top-level (as in, top 5 or so) heavyweight by thumping Barnett. I'd like to see how both of them would do in the UFC. Also, Melendez has pretty much cleaned out 155 in Strikeforce. He needs to vacate the belt and move to the UFC if possible.
    On a slightly different note, I'm glad I found this thread. I was getting ready to start a "does anybody on here watch MMA or other combat sports?" kind of thread. Glad to know I was beaten to the punch (no pun intended).

4. spikechiquet

Anyone watching UFC tonight? Stuck at work...trying to find a live feed. Checking my English soccer feeds to no avail so far.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Based on Twitter, one of the ringcard girls might have had the fight of the night.

6. spikechiquet

Yeah, I heard that...she did show up later though I guess.
    Sounds like every fight but 1 finished in the 1st....and Big Foot wore a crimson mask...will have to find a stream when I get home.

Draft saved Draft deleted