1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Re: Battlestar Galactica . . . Anyone else watch it?

The bad guys were wrapped in tinfoil, so why not?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup....and you just knew she...knew things...a MILF's sexual expertise in a 20-something body.

But on pure looks, she had nothing on the redhead that married Rom.

But the complex characters made it work. Flawed heroes and villians with redeeming qualities and some people that just straddled the line. The episode in which Captain Sisko does whatever is necessary to get the Romulans into the Dominion War, eventually leading to the assasination of a Romulan diplomat, was the perfect example of the the characterization in the show.

Battlestar Galactica just takes it farther. Like Tyrol beating the hell out of Cally, then she ends up marrying him him and having his child. These are characters often pushed to their breaking point and beyond...and the really interesting stuff happens when they start to crack.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The disappointing thing is I recognize the music but can't quite place it.
    And Gaeta is too obvious. It could just as easily be Billy. The Interweb is also hot with the rumor that they find Earth this season, but it isn't what they expect. Whatever that means.
    Personally, I hope they find out the Cylons were right and the Colonials get told by the lost tribe to quit worshiping false gods or face the wrath of the one true God.
    And that sets up Season 4.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Begging to be MST3Ked. Just pleading.

I understand from a colleague that Mike and the bots have done one for The Phantom Menace, but it's available only via the Internet.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I really enjoyed Phantom menace. I think it's better than both Return of the Jedi and Attack of the Clones.

(hangs head in shame)

But if you happen to have a link to that, I have no doubt it's hilarious.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

A part of my inner child died the moment Jar-Jar stepped in that pile of Bantha shit.

Some things you don't need to see again. For me, TPM is right up there with accidentally seeing my mother naked.

I'll get a link and post it on this great thread.

7. outofplace

Way too early to find Earth. I still think when the find Earth, the series is over. Mostly because I still have visions of the craptacular failure that was Galactica 1980.

Maybe we should change the name of this thread to SportsJournalists.com sci-fi Geeks Unite. And I say that planting myself very high on the geekiness list.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

To quote a minor character from another series, "I'm not saying anything. I didn't say anything then and I'm not saying anything now."

You'll just have to wait for another month.

9. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

My favorite quote from the series is still, "All right, no more Mr. Nice Gaius!"

10. outofplace

You just love dragging this out, don't you?

11. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

It's Friday night and I'm not watching BSG.

I don't like the new timeslot. It doesn't feel right.

12. outofplace

Re: All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactice thread)

Same here. And if you do have the chance to go out Friday night, that's what the multiple replays (or VCR, DVR or TiVo) are for.

Draft saved Draft deleted