1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The world really needs new content. Someone put together a supercut of every time Captain American took a hit in the MCU.

2. outofplace

Last night, my daughter called me into her room, then held up her phone and told me to listen. I heard familiar music being played on a trumpet. She asked me if I recognized it, and of course I knew it was "It's Been a Long, Long Time," the music that was playing when Captain America and Peggy Carter finally got their dance at the end of Avengers: Endgame. My daughter than bragged that she made her boyfriend learn to play it on his trumpet.

I'm not sure which made me happier, the reminder that she is the one who calls the shots with her boyfriend or that I raised the type of geek who would choose that music for that reason. :)

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

Is the annoying Ryan Reynolds thing still funny?

5. outofplace

A little fan-made Marvel content with Eric Roberts making an appearance. It's not quite Punisher: Dirty Laundry, but I've seen worse.

Batman likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

7. outofplace

Taking a step back to the origin of this thread, I've been watching reruns of Battlestar Galactica since I found the series running on some channel I didn't realize I had called Comet. The first season was just so damn good, especially Edward James Olmos.

The fifth episode, "You Can Never Go Home Again," has Starbuck having to bail out onto a moon with a particularly hostile environment. Adama put the entire fleet in danger to stay and search for her, but finally came around to leave. His son, Lee, asked what he would do if it had been him that was missing.

"We would never leave." I can't seem to find it on YouTube, but the performances by Olmos and Jamie Bamber are just perfect.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

*Mind Blown*

bigpern23, Batman and outofplace like this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

It ain't that much of a secret. It's going to be Spider-Woman.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh, hello Diana of Themyscira.

Draft saved Draft deleted