1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Given how important Ant Man is to Endgame the particular nets and grosses of that movie don’t matter. In fact, due to the interconnectedness of the MCU movies, the nets and grosses of each movie aren’t as important as the total of the 23 movies.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

As it pertains to the conversation about the relative successes/failures of films that endured multiple rewrites/reshoots/directors, it matters.

Also, Ant-Man and the Wasp was more important than Ant-Man. If you never saw Ant-Man, but saw the sequel, Endgame would still be just fine for you.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Took my kid to see it since we had nothing to do on MLK Day. My Gawd, it was tedious! I felt like they must have dubbed a ton of RDJ's lines in after because you barely see his mouth when he talks. Tons of shots of him walking away from the camera or side shots, very odd and jarring. But my kid (7) liked the ostrich and the parrot, so at least he enjoyed himself. But he kept going "why is Iron Man in this?" LOL

garrow and bigpern23 like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This may be on the Super Bowl commercials thread, but I thought it was worth sharing here. This is the first footage I've seen from the Disney+ Marvel series. It's just a little taste of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision and Loki. The first two are supposed to be out at some point in 2020.

JRoyal likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Are they stand alone movies or mini-series?

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Series. Unclear if they'll be mini-series or continuing past one season. I think we're likely to see a mixture of both, with some serving as limited series and others getting renewed.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Can't imagine all those actors being available for multiple seasons. But things are changing.

8. outofplace

I'm assuming WandaVision will set up a new status quo for the Scarlet Witch heading into Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, which is due in 2021. Wanda is supposed to be a big part of that movie.

Of course, that movie has its own issues, with Scott Derrickson leaving as director last month with both sides citing "creative differences." Derrickson directed the first Dr. Strange movie.

‘Doctor Strange 2’ Director Scott Derrickson Drops Out (EXCLUSIVE)

There has been speculation that WandaVision will somehow tie into a multiverse, but it looks more to me like it will be bouncing through a series of different realities based on old television shows.

9. outofplace

I missed the new Black Widow spot last night. I guess I should say spots because it seems there was a short one and a longer one.

10. outofplace

Remember when Marvel didn't want to admit that it was cutting back on comics related to the X-Men and Fantastic Four because they didn't own the movie rights? The company's actions since the deal with Fox certainly proved that theory was on the button.

The Fantastic Four is back and just started a crossover with the X-Men, of course in its own miniseries with a questionable place in continuity. (Katherine Pride is a key character even though she was just killed off in one of the X-books and Marvel is selling the death as permanent despite the new X-Men trick of resurrecting the dead at will.)

It seems that every time I look, Marvel is pumping out a new X-Men comic. The number of titles has exploded. Despite my issues with the current overall direction, I like many of them, but no way in hell I'm going to try to keep up. I say this even though I do most of my reading online for free these days.

11. outofplace

I just stumbled upon this trailer for an upcoming Transformers animated series being created for Netflix. The trailer actually doesn't look bad. This may test my theory that the real problem with the live-action Transformers movies and most animated material is the need to include humans. The worst part of pretty much every version of the Transformers is interaction with humanity, which is a tough component to leave out of live action. I have no idea if this will be any good, but the only reason I'll give it a shot is that it seems to be set in a way there will be no human characters at all.

JRoyal likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted