1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose, Never-Ending Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zizzer, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Come on, Pastor.
    The guy who dominates U-20 is almost always going to go for way more than $2.5 mil. If he were Argentine, the talk would be eight figures.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Twoback, you are 100% factually accurate in that assessment. If he was Argentine, he would be commanding more.

But... he's not.

The issue with Freddy Adu is somewhat our own doing. We, as in Americans, pumped this guy up so much when he was only 14 that any team that takes him will be immediately questioned and inquired into. People are going to say, "What is all the fuss?"

Remember, all the news that we see and read here was read over there. Many aren't sold and one good U-20 performance won't change that.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The Carlos Tevez saga continues. FIFA washes its hands of the situation.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=447504&cc=5901

Anyone got any idea how this one ends up? I get the feeling this gets done, but it's going to be complicated.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that United pays West Ham a healthy profit for a quasi-legal one year rental and pays off the shady guy who claims to hold Tevez's rights. Man United doesn't have time to waste -- Chelski and Pool are very strong this year and they can't wait a few weeks.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At that point, should we start a new soccer thread?

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

We should start a new thread just so it would load faster.

Also, look for me in HD on ESPN2 Thursday night. I'll be the drunk guy behind the goal with the other drunk guys.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Done ...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/44685/

Draft saved Draft deleted