1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

so adam morrison is coming off the bench for the bobcats. not a surprise, but the reason is. it's cuz they want to start ray felton with brevin knight. just weird.

but i guess it makes sense. morrison can't pass, rebound or defend, so jacking shots up off the bench is prolly his ideal role.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't know what "prolly" means, but I am pretty sure Morrison can rebound and pass based on his skills he showed at Gonzaga. Now, that doesn't mean he can do those things in the NBA, but I still think his coming off the bench probably is the Bobcats' franchise trying to protect him and trying to get everyone to settle down about him being the next Larry Bird.
    And, yes, he can't play defense.

3. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

five boards and 1.8 assists a game for 6-8 forward in the west coast conference ain't very impressive.
    his career in the league will depend on one thing: can he score?
    cuz his assist and rebound numbers ain't going up, and his minutes are going down.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, so you are going to stoop so low as to show numbers?
    Anyway, I really think Morrison is coming off of the bench because the Bobcats are trying to shelter him a little bit. You are right, he is probably going to be just a scorer in the NBA, but I think it is wise of the Bobcats to let him be the sixth man the first couple seasons.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Also, we "prolly" know you hate Adam Morrison from your posts.
    Is it because he played on the West Coast?
    Is it because he cried when the rest of his team fucked up his chances of going to the Final Four?
    Is it because he played in a shitty conference, but for a really good team?
    Just wondering why you hate Morrison so much.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I was wondering how long it would take for the douchebag NBA haters to come out and make their presence felt.

Take it somewhere else.

Clearly I'm excited about a Cavs-Wizards rematch, a very entertaining series in the opening round last year.

Bron Bron goes for 60, I bet. Arenas scores 61, though, and the Wizards win, ruining my night.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yeah, I was debating on the spelling, since I didn't remember it precisely -- and I went with the wrong one.

8. Jersey_Shore

Jersey_Shore New Member

No scorn. Just hope that you would somehow say, 'Yes, Balkman will turn out to be great.'

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see Morrison play on this level. He's been my favorite player the last two years. And to the person who said he can't pass ... whaaaaat?! Did you ever see him play on TV or in person? He was one of the best passers in college last year. Yes he shoots a lot, but he was also one of the Zags' most unselfish players.

He could be a bust, but I think he'll be one of the best one day.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It only took about 10 minutes of game time before someone in my fantasy league made the first transaction, picking up Andrew Bynum.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll be curious to see if Morrison does any semblence of defending. He sure as hell didn't do any of it at Gonzaga.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, Bubbler, you know that defense thing is so damn overrated.

::)

Draft saved Draft deleted