1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

By fever_dog

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics won their ninth straight NBA title last night behind the 9 points, 26 rebounds and 14 blocked shots of some one-dimensional, no-offense, Eastern Conference myth.

;)

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I agree with your general premise, but Farmar and Livingston are completely different. Livingston, if he ever develops his shot to even 18 feet could be really good, but I'm not sold on that happening. I think Farmar entered the league with the skills he's always going to have, which means he will always be the same type of player from Day 1 to the end of his career, a solid backup PG.

3. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

compared to bill russell, ben wallace is uwe blab.

if ben would have gone to a west team, his career would have nose-dived like kenyon martin's, the last big-time eastern conference creation.

4. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

folks, i think we have an NBA GM in our midsts .... explains how josh howard and david west and tayshaun prince plummeted in the draft.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Sorry, I watch more college basketball than anyone I know and Farmar never impressed me, ever. I said the year that Prince was drafted that he was the steal of the draft. Take that as you will.

6. Jersey_Shore

Jersey_Shore New Member

And Renaldo Balkman is the steal of this draft, Right?

Right?

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

No, not at all. I didn't realize saying Farmar will be an average PG in the NBA would get me so much scorn.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's fine, I'll ride in the backseat. As long as I'm in the SUV, along for the ride. ;)

As for the Suns, they lived up to the hype for a quarter, when damn near every shot went down and Nash had seven assists. Then he sat on the bench forever resting, and they never quite looked the same. I know it's a long season, I know you don't want to wear anyone's legs out too early, but it seemed like Nash sat out a lifetime. But credit the Lakers, they did what they needed to do without Kobe to win it.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Read a story last night which said Nash hates the new ball more than anyone. Says it rips up his hands in the course of a single practice.

10. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Well, that's because pine tar in the hand doesn't help.

Anyway, never grew up around a team, so no loyalties. I just pick a random team every year and follow it. This year is still up in the air. My coworker suggested waiting until the Finals this year to decide to bandwagon.

But I do hear that the LeBron kid plays well.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

When did the season start?

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Apparently after that piece of shat AL Central team blew the World Series.

Fake edit: So I was 1-1 tonight, too bad I didn't bet on anything in Vegas and go Celtics! It will probably be the last time they are this close to first place (meaning tied).

Draft saved Draft deleted