1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Totally agree, but Prince has been a much better pro than I ever thought he would.

Thomas is such a physical freak that if he can develop a decent shooting touch he could be among the best players in the league in a few years.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, they're different players ,but they're both young players who have same role on their respective teams.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Agreed. Tayshaun was an afterthought coming out of Kentucky, and he's become one hell of a third or fourth man.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

My my ... this is a total ass-kicking...

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Kirk Hinrich's awesome. I love to watch that kid play. [/KU fanboy looser]

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

LeBron is already better than Jordan ... at least when it comes to acting. The new Nike ad is great.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

1) LeBron's commercials are going to be fun to watch.

2) What, I say, what is up with the 4 Domes of TNT? Ernie Johnson shaved his head why? Did he lose a bet to Magic, Chuck and Kenny? He looks like James Carville now.

3) Miami looked awful. The Geriatric City Geezers could've put a licking on the Heat tonight. Yes, it's only the first game, and the ring ceremony game at that, but jeezum crow did the Bulls beat the shit out of the champions.

Edit: The lighting at the Staples Center is really cool. Really emphasizes the court and darkens the crowd. I like it.

8. WS

WS Member

I didn't want to draft Shaq, but he was still available in the 8th round out of 12

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I said this during the summer and I'll say it again. Tyrus Thomas will be the small forward equivalent of Shaun Livingston. A curiosity who is good for 10-15 minutes off the bench a game. And just like Livingston he'll be over-hyped while filling that rule. I have serious doubts that either will ever be able to develop the shooting touch needed for their positions to be stars. While marveling at Thomas in college, I also duly noted that his shot is incredibly hideous. So, in other words, at least for now, can we stop with the slurpfest on Thomas.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It's time for the fall version of this disclosure:

Ernie Johnson has non-Hodgkins lymphoma. That's why he is bald; he was going to chemo.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I see. Well then, I feel badly.

12. clarkington

clarkington Member

If Ben Wallace's defense is "vastly overrated," why did Shaq score 7 points? I didn't see it. I just saw that the game was a beat down Bull style.

Draft saved Draft deleted