1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Or even Lex Luthor. :D

[​IMG]

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They raised the championship banner to Springsteen's "The Rising," a tribute song for the scores of firefighters who died going up the towers on 9/11.

You stay classy, Miami.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten that Ben is on the Bulls. Worst move by the Pistons not to keep him. Bulls will be an interesting team this year.

And hey, how 'bout that Devean George?!

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Yeah, I knew what he meant, but I still had to give him a hard time with the Luger pic :)

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't think they'll miss him that much. They made a business move. I think it's good that they didn't spend all that money on him. On the court, his defense was great, but he brought 0 offense. I think Nazr Mohammed(70% free throw shooting) will surprise some people with his inside game. Flip Murray was also a good addition in the off season because he can actually drive to the basket. If they end up getting Jalen Rose, then I think they'll be fine.

P.S. Remember, this is coming from a Pistons fanboy.

6. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

ben's defense is vastly overrated. i don't think the pistons will miss him much, the big ol' phony.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Lots of people drinking the Bulls Kool-Aid.

I'd predict an early playoff exit, but the rest of the East seems weak.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He can rebound but his one on one defense isn't "great".

9. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Thomas and Prince are very different players, both physically and in terms of ability.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ultimately, I think Thomas will be better.

11. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i bet right now miami is wishing it would have tried to improve during the off-season.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

A certain Flint teen is probably out of semen right about now. Every NBA section had a big pic of LeBron or D. Wade.

Draft saved Draft deleted