1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All purpose NBA thread 07/08

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Fair enough, I'll agree with that. But that's why having a Thomas-type player is necessary for the Suns, and they don't have him anymore nor a replacement.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

You're right. The NBA isn't like the MLB, where players like Brady Anderson can develop into 50 HR hitters overnight. If I have to put a prediction on his stat line, something like this: 10.5 PPG, 6.5 APG, 2.0 SPG, 27 % FG.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

There's one thing we can all agree on:

The Knicks
    will
    suck.

4. Dangerous_K

YES! This could very well be a teens-number win season.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Yup, I will agree with you on that. The Suns will lead the league in scoring this year, but then also give up the most points. They need to swing a deal for a big stopper down low. Hopefully Diaw is healthy this year, he is the second best defender on the Suns next to Marion.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

They will get 20 or so like the Sixers.

7. Dangerous_K

In the Sarver years they've done a good job of getting midseason additions, like Tim Thomas in '06 and Walter McCarty/Jim Jackson in '05 (I think Jackson was midseason?). I could definitely see them pulling something off.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Doc, love your prediction. I'm just not optimistic the Mavs can make it back.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

SI has the Knicks as the sixth seed in the East, second in the Atlantic. And I'm not quite sure why. Marbury, Crawford, Randolph and Curry all need the ball to be effective. Randolph (2.2 assists) and Curry (0.8 assists) won't kick the ball out of the post--and which one is willing to play a secondary, rebounding and defense, role? Marbury is an off-guard in a point guard's body. He's most effective as a scorer. Same with Crawford, who is the Knicks best player.

Bench is full of combo forwards (Lee, Jeffries, Balkman); Rose is a rebounder/defender that doesn't need to be covered on the offensive end and Nate Robinson...well, he's Nate Robinson.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

From the NBA Preview SI:

And it's good and well that he worked on making jumpers over the summer. But until Rondo can routinely hit them in games, PG is a glaring hole in Boston.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Shame on you HB for not believing in the power that is Renaldo Balkman! :D

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Renaldo Balkman...good defender, energy guy. He can't score in an empty gym.

Draft saved Draft deleted