1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All purpose NBA thread 07/08

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I'm skeptical about Phoenix. Traded their only decent post defender for beans, got rid of a good three-point threat in James Jones, and the only addition was yet another wing -- and an injury-prone one at that.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I don't know about you, but I would feel pretty confident trotting out Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, and Amare Stoudamire out there on a nightly basis. So they add Grant Hill. He did well last year. If he can stay healthy, he'll score 15 a night. Add that to super-sub Barbosa, who is a gunner from behind the arc, they'll be fine.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The Run-and-Gun, no-defense approach hasn't amounted to a championship yet, and it won't this year.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

They were well on their way last year before Big Flop Rob and the NBA got involved. If Amare is 100 % and they can keep Marion happy, this will be their year.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They were close last year, Good Doc. If not for a certain hip-check of Nash out of bounds and questionable suspensions, the Spurs-Suns series is a whole different enchilada.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Good Doctor, are you suggesting the Bulls are going to make a championship run this year?

7. Dangerous_K

I'd be confident in them winning 60 games in the regular season, sure. But confident they'd win a championship? No. Sarver took a team that was already bad defensively and sold their only post defender. Marion's a good post defender, but they'll have to use him to guard the best point guards because Nash is such a defensive liability.

8. Dangerous_K

The Suns were at full strength and the Spurs weren't in Game 6, and San Antonio dominated. The Suns were at full strength in Game 1, at home, and lost, because Stoudemire couldn't guard Duncan and Nash couldn't guard Parker. That has nothing to do with Horry or Stern.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hell no. When did I mention the Bulls?

And Xan, to your previous statement I offer my usual counter: If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I'll gladly take his double-double (18.6 PPG and 11.6 APG) for the small defensive liability Nash is. I will take any player that raises everyone else's game around him to a different level when he's on the court.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

You never did mention the Bulls, but you are a Chicago sports fan from what I can tell, so logically you might think the Bulls might be primed for a run. Who do you think will be in the NBA Finals?

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think it'll be Detroit-Dallas.

Draft saved Draft deleted