1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

all-purpose NBA Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jun 19, 2007.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That seems to be the case Mo. A lot of mocks have the Sixers taking McRoberts at 21. I'd wait until 30 or even 36 to grab him, but, like you, I'm afraid King will mess this up. He's had one good pick and that one (Iguodala) fell in his lap.

2. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

maybe mcroberts will be a lot better in the pros?

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It's possible. There's no denying he's a good athlete, which seems to give him a leg up to have a decent pro career. But last season proved he's not an elite player. Everyone thought he would be outstanding at Duke at its #1 guy, but he was kind of meh. I like him as a late first-round pick, but taking him higher than 30 would be risky for a team with as many needs as the Sixers.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

McRoberts = terrible. Barf.

That being said, I was looking at the early entry list just now on our agate page...AND FUCKING SHAGARI ALLEYNE WENT PRO? Are you KIDDING me?

5. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

i am not a fan of his either, just merely posed the question. he definitely was in a position to shine this year and didn't produce as much as people thought he would have.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

McRoberts=David Lee????

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

HA!

P.S. Lee needs to get out of NY and head to SA immediately.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

David Lee, someone who rebounds, plays D and plays hard, is the kind of guy the Sixers desperately need. McRoberts does not do any of those things.

9. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

You just know the Hawks and the Grizzlies will screw up at picks Nos. 3 and 4.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Not if one of them picks Horford. That guy is a beast.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Lee averaged 13 and 9 his last season at UF. McRoberts averaged 13 and 8. Both are athletic and both were thought to have disappointing careers.

I am not a fan of McRoberts. I am just trying to see what the NBA loves about him.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I think the big difference between Lee and McRoberts is Lee plays hard all the time.

The NBA probably gives McRoberts love because he his athletic. The way the NBA game is now you have to have athletic players that can do multiple things well and can run up and down the court or you're going to get killed.

Draft saved Draft deleted